Search the forum,

Discuss Damper motor replacement in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi... I'm trying to replace a vent damper motor on a gas boiler. The existing motor is connected with armored cable into the boiler... There is no harness, just directly wired to electric. I made a mistake purchasing the new motor... It has a 4 hole recepticle on the outside housing so you can just plug or unplug easily.
My question is how do I connect the motor, which has the 4 prong male connector, to the boiler which has 'older' armored cable? Are there 4 wires inside the armor that correspond to the 4 prongs? Can I just buy a female connector that I can connect to the existing electrical wires so that I can just plug in the motor? Hope this makes sense... Thanks!

Reply to Damper motor replacement in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, Hopefully someone can throw some light on if this is a real issue or not. I have had this boiler for about 10 years, I noticed just recently that when the CH has been turned off that a couple of the rads closest to the boiler were slightly warm. When the boiler had demand to heat the DHW I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I note that the Grundfos Alpha 2 requires a special plug to connect the electric wiring. Are those plugs reusable if rewiring is needed? It's an expensive plug, costing as much as a used Alpha pump. Suppliers of refurbished pumps don't supply a plug. Fine if it is a Grundfos like for...
Replies
Views
C
Hi All, I have the boiler above and the safety thermostat has snapped at the plastic cable right where it means the thermostat. This looks like it was originally all one part but can’t find the replacement harness and thermostat only the thermostat on its own with two electrical connections...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2 my ch boiler, non condensing is playing up, I can get hot water, but when heating is on pipes only get hot for 1st mtre or so? I can hear feel the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock