Search the forum,

Discuss Damp & Mouldy Cylinder/Cistern cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to a private job today - no hot water. Turned up and was shown to the cupboard inside the bathroom where the cylinder and cistern reside - WOW!

The only extractor fan in the room is not working.
No vents on the cupboard
Fused spurs damaged from condensation and both rusted and blown
Both immersion stats buggered
(direct cylinder)

I refused to put the electric back on to the immersions due to a health risk.

I've advised the guy I need to replace the extractor fan, fit a high & low vent on the cupboard to allow the air to circulate and have recommended to remove the cistern & cylinder to clean & treat the cupboard for mould and damp, then fit new spurs for the immersions.

Anyone ever done damp work? Its a cupboard with plasterboard stud walls. No window.

Any suggestions/advice as to the best course of action? Or if you'd do something different?

Cheers guys

2016-09-27 17.21.15.jpg

2016-09-27 17.21.20.jpg

2016-09-27 17.21.30.jpg

2016-09-27 17.21.38.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Damp & Mouldy Cylinder/Cistern cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
E
This is a question asked purely out of curiosity. I recently had a hot water tank and immersion heater replaced along with a service to my 10 year old Worcester boiler. I had two quotes (both from firms that had done work in the past). The hot water cylinder was 105cm by 45cm and all copper...
Replies
Views
easyt
E
P
Hi folks, I have a plumbing conundrum in my new house and was after some advice and explanation of the defect. Type 'Y' Plan system, Potterton FF40 boiler (2002), grundfos pump (2008) located in an upstairs bedroom cylinder cupboard. Original system was warm air heating, boiler new install...
Replies
Views
Bernie2
B
P
Hello all. The system is an open vented system with the cold water tank 5" above the cylinder in a small cupboard so there is no way of removing them (must have been built in). it is heated by immersion heater. The thing is, its airlocking every couple of days, the woman said its been like...
Replies
Views
charlie frederi
C
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock