Search the forum,

Discuss Damaged water pipes due to excavation/welding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
We are renovating our home these days, and recently had to bring a certified welder to re-weld a constructive pillar’s base which is located close to water pipes. The welder had to excavate the floor for accessing the pillar base. After he finished his stuff,
we noticed one of the pipes has some marks and signs on it, I don’t know if it’s because of the excavation activity or due to the proximity of the pipes to the welding zone (maybe 20 cm far). I’m attaching some photos and will be glad to hear your opinion - a welding such close to water pipes can cause any damage? Do you notice any damage regarding these signs on the pipes? Thanks!

Attachments

• 7F3C40B2-6407-484E-9771-0A322FA01592.jpeg
    7F3C40B2-6407-484E-9771-0A322FA01592.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 34
  • 87DD0B37-6A64-4801-B3CE-19C9CEDBEE8D.jpeg
    87DD0B37-6A64-4801-B3CE-19C9CEDBEE8D.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 33
Can`t see any damage that could be laid at the welders door myself. Don`t see any marks caused by heat.

What material are the water pipes copper - plastic ? Hard to tell from the picture I would of expected to see some sort of protection on the pipework , here in the UK it is common practice to protect buried pipes either with insulation or continuious sleeving pipe in pipe, and the metal support leg to be honest should be wrapped in denso tape ???? For protection Before back filling and reinstating the floor , bring in a professional to inspect the pipes and make the necessary repairs . Kop

It looks like there may have been some superficial damage from whatever was used to excavate the hole and if that is solid concrete that can be easy to do especially IF the water pipe location was unexpected or unknown.

Reply to Damaged water pipes due to excavation/welding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed to be coming out from the base of the pipe. I've removed a section of drywall for inspection purposes. After filling both sinks with water and...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hello I am desperate for some help. Basically we are having our bathroom renovated. The plumber removed the units, including the sink a few days ago and this morning i noticed water dripping from the ceiling below. I went up to the bathroom and saw that one of the pipes (which originaly...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock