Search the forum,

Discuss Daily lockout on Baxi boiler.. aargh! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I had a engineer round my place last week to service my Baxi 100 HE Plus boiler as every single day I'm having to press the lockout button to get the heating to come on.

He gave it a clean, increased the pressure and told me it should all be ok.
But it isn't! The problem is still ocurring and it's very frustrating!

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be so I can 'advise' the next engineer?

Thanks

I’m afraid you won’t get any advice on boiler repairs as you need to be gas safe in order to work on them as I’m sure you will appreciate, we don’t think for a second you will do it but this is an open forum so somebody else might have a go. The best advice we can give is to try and alternative engineer and explain the symptoms or contact the manufacturer as they may well offer a fixed price repair

I had a engineer round my place last week to service my Baxi 100 HE Plus boiler as every single day I'm having to press the lockout button to get the heating to come on.

He gave it a clean, increased the pressure and told me it should all be ok.
But it isn't! The problem is still ocurring and it's very frustrating!

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be so I can 'advise' the next engineer?

Thanks
Why are you getting another engineer?

I think the first one wasn’t competent.
I didn’t get that impression from the OP. If it were me, I would be calling him back (as he deserves the chance to rectify the fault) and tell him it is still happening. If you keep swapping engineers you may never fix the issue. It doesn’t happen often but sometimes it just isn’t possible to repair on a first visit and you need a follow up to actually see what it is doing.

I didn’t get that impression from the OP. If it were me, I would be calling him back (as he deserves the chance to rectify the fault) and tell him it is still happening. If you keep swapping engineers you may never fix the issue. It doesn’t happen often but sometimes it just isn’t possible to repair on a first visit and you need a follow up to actually see what it is doing.

I agree with you but as an engineer I usually leave work to say what I’ve done. The next chap can see what’s been done and take it from there.

No idea if this will help you, but we had/have a similar issue with our Potterton boiler. We had a service contract and most of the boiler has been replaced in an attempt to fix it! 2 things that helped - make sure your condensate pipe drains well and is properly lagged (ours froze up), and we find that turning the boiler down to somewhere near minimum stops this happening. I don't have an explanation as to why - by by experience it works. The rads still get hot.

Reply to Daily lockout on Baxi boiler.. aargh! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock