Search the forum,

Discuss Daikin altherma EHS(X/H)08P problems to get heating in the Renewables area at PlumbersForums.net

Currently got a problem with the Daikin unit. It has both Solar and Air Source heatpump integrated and shows no fault codes. The hot water is heating fine and the unit shows its heating the radiators but they don't become hot. Not sure what to look at. This unit was imported from Belgium so is not common in the uk. The Rads have water in and the system shows the correct pressure. A number of firms including Daikin have tried to fix it but seem not to get to the cause of the failure.

I am thinking it must be a valve stuck or something else but everything is looking normal. Running out of ideas

Attachments

• Daikin Altherma-Install Guide.pdf
    8.1 MB · Views: 16
After a long search we managed to get the master code to re-programme the unit. Turns out its a rotex unit branded as Daikin. It now works perfectly

if you have hot water and it shows heating is being called for more tham likeley a valve faulty on the heating i would presume you have 2 post zone valves for controlling each check the one for heating see if it is open

I agree GasMk 1 but there could be more to it than that. I'm no expert hence tagging Brambles but my Diakin ASHP is far more complex than your standard S or Y plan. The diverter valve is one that Daikin recommend and is not your standard Honeywell etc so Brambles informed me. Theres a lot more going on in these wiring centres than your typical oil or gas boiler. It could be as you say a valve playing up but it's just as likely to be another electrical fault somewhere in the system.
It baffles me that Daikin themselves couldn't find the fault, just shows not all of their guys know their stuff.

I agree GasMk 1 but there could be more to it than that. I'm no expert hence tagging Brambles but my Diakin ASHP is far more complex than your standard S or Y plan. The diverter valve is one that Daikin recommend and is not your standard Honeywell etc so Brambles informed me. Theres a lot more going on in these wiring centres than your typical oil or gas boiler. It could be as you say a valve playing up but it's just as likely to be another electrical fault somewhere in the system.
It baffles me that Daikin themselves couldn't find the fault, just shows not all of their guys know their stuff.
if we all knew everything it would be a boring (but easy life) :D

just offering the simple checks just in case

Rotex and Daikin are the same company and have been for the past 10 or so years. Rather like Whirlpool and Hotpoint in the white goods sector.

Daikin UK visited on 3 or more occasions over four months and other than randomly replace expensive boards and charge loads of cash did really diddly squat it seems to resolve the problems. Certainly just changing the boards did not fix the issue It turns out this unit was supplied through Space Air Ltd and imported from Belgium or Germany it seems. Space Air Ltd is no longer trading at least not with Daikin products. Hence there is a load of customers with grey non supported units out there. This particular one being one of the rarer models to find in the UK. Anyway the system is back working to a greater extent but at times it does not seem to come on in the morning although the temperature for the heating is shown as above the threshold limit. This might be due to one of the two or three way valves leaking slightly and making the system think it was upto temperature when clearly it is not. The system has no external room thermostat fitted but there is the option to add one.

All in all its probably better to look at getting a large skip and replacing the system or at least the main unit. Although costly it would mean less problems long term for the elderly residents who rely on it.

If you temporarily put the system into free flow operation, that should help to identify where the gremlin(s) in the control system are. In my experience, issues within the external control system are far more common than issues with the heat pump and /or evaporator.

Reply to Daikin altherma EHS(X/H)08P problems to get heating in the Renewables area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock