Search the forum,

Discuss DAB Esybox Mini 3 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

All,

I'm trying to solve a water pressure issue and I'm not sure the best way to approach the situation.

I have 2 bathrooms:
  • A family bathroom being fed by the mains for cold & an unvented immersion cylinder for hot water
  • An ensuite with an electric shower that is fed by the mains.

The problem is if someone is using the electric ensuite shower and someone else either has a shower in the other bathroom, flushes the toilet, uses the taps or the washing machine draws water, the water pressure drops and the electric shower cuts out to prevent scalding as there is insufficient flow rate passing through the shower.

I want to fit a pump to boost the pressure to all outlets in the house and have been looking at the DAB Esybox Mini 3 as I like the idea of an all in one system and it can also be mounted to the wall easily as well as being quiet under operation. However as I understand it you should not fit these directly to the mains due to the maximum flow rate these pumps can provide. I don't really have the space for a break tank so was wondering whether it is possible to fit this pump and limit the flow rate within the menu system on the pump so it complies with regs or if I should be looking at another product?

Another option I've seen is the Stuart Turner Mainsboost Flomate MBF 12 which complies with the regs straight out of the box but the stuart turner website only really recommends these for a single bathroom where as I have two.

Is anyone able to offer advice on this scenario?

Cheers

Need to fit a break tank

also you shouldn’t have an unvented system if your pressure / flow is low / below spec

Can only boost direct mains to 12 lpm.

Need to look at static pressure, dynamic pressure and flow rate.

Also ask your water provider what they think they supply you.

I've done some more testing, there is a tap in the cupboard where the water enters the house and the meter is situated, I got 25+ litres per minute (there was no handle on the tap so I struggled to get it turned on to maximum quickly) out of that but only 4.2 litres per minute out of the bathroom and kitchen taps which leads me to believe the problem is not with the incoming supply.

Am I correct in thinking a mains pressure boost pump would provide little benefit if fitted in this case? Or would it still increase the flow rate out of the taps in the property?

Are there any other options available?

Wouldn’t do anything would go round every tap and measure the flow

Every tap in the house is getting a flow rate of roughly 4 litres per minute, the only one that is not is the tap in the garage in a cupboard next to the meter which I think may just be for testing (see attached picture). There's over 20 litres per min coming out of there.

Attachments

• tap.jpg
    tap.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 19
Any chance of a picture further back ?

You got a picture of your unvented cylinder

Yeah no problem, let me know if you need any more. The stopcock on the water feed is set to fully open.

Attachments

• IMG_20210629_090750.jpg
    IMG_20210629_090750.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20210629_090722.jpg
    IMG_20210629_090722.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210629_090615.jpg
    IMG_20210629_090615.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 16
When was the last time your unvented cylinder was serviced?

With the balanced cold being utilised then there could be an issue with the combination valve.

Can I just check I understand what you are saying? The setup is as per attached image, currently there could be a problem with the combi valve which is causing a reduction in pressure to either the cylinder, the cold feed to the rest of the house or both?

I need someone to come in and service the cylinder and/or replace the combi valve?

Thanks

Attachments

• combi valve.PNG
    combi valve.PNG
    509.7 KB · Views: 11
Yes correct maybe could be a filter blocked etc

or at least to test the flow after that stop tap least you know if the issue is after there or before

Reply to DAB Esybox Mini 3 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock