Search the forum,

Discuss DAB Esybox and break tank in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning. Looking at installing a DAB Esybox however space at a premium. Thinking of installing a break tank in the loft (above first floor) rather than going for the combined pump and tank unit. This is replacing a vented system so pipe work goes up there already. Is there any reason I shouldn’t do this? Read about bacteria growth in tanks but guess that’s a risk wherever installed?

I should add the unvented hot water cylinder and pump to be located on the ground floor.

Also, anyone installed an Esybox pump outside?

Thanks

Last edited:
Need to install a couple of tanks in the loft as you need around 400-500 stored depending of your water mains flow and pressure etc but no other than that it’s fine

You don’t think I need to be worried about bacteria in the loft tanks? Just ensure they are insulted?

It’s one of them needs to be clean and with lids and upto current regs eg bylaw 30 etc

The tanks need to have a lid and comply with water bylaw 30

There are many tanks in lofts around the uk

Doesn’t matter where the unvented is

Reply to DAB Esybox and break tank in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single one-bedroom flat. The mains pipe bringing water into my top-floor flat is 15mm copper pipe. There is a water meter in the flat and a stop valve. There is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Trying to add a shower into a small bathroom, I'm looking at moving my hot water cylinder to the loft. Currently, I have a vented 200L cylinder (in the bathroom) with the principal source of heat being an Economy 7 setup, which gives adequate hot water for our needs. The cylinder also has an...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock