Search the forum,

Discuss DAB Esybox and break tank in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning. Looking at installing a DAB Esybox however space at a premium. Thinking of installing a break tank in the loft (above first floor) rather than going for the combined pump and tank unit. This is replacing a vented system so pipe work goes up there already. Is there any reason I shouldn’t do this? Read about bacteria growth in tanks but guess that’s a risk wherever installed?

I should add the unvented hot water cylinder and pump to be located on the ground floor.

Also, anyone installed an Esybox pump outside?

Thanks

Last edited:
Need to install a couple of tanks in the loft as you need around 400-500 stored depending of your water mains flow and pressure etc but no other than that it’s fine

You don’t think I need to be worried about bacteria in the loft tanks? Just ensure they are insulted?

It’s one of them needs to be clean and with lids and upto current regs eg bylaw 30 etc

The tanks need to have a lid and comply with water bylaw 30

There are many tanks in lofts around the uk

Doesn’t matter where the unvented is

Reply to DAB Esybox and break tank in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock