Search the forum,

Discuss D2 run I to condensate in 32mm plastic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

virgil

Hello all. Not been in here for ages but have a question re a mates install of unvented and vaillant system boiler...

plumber has run the d2 from tundish into 32mm plastic with condensate also run into this pipe. This the. Exists the building and runs down to ground level.

Looks ms wrong to me but I'm not gas safe. I've always run D2 in copper to ground with a cage where necessary.

If if then condensate was to be run into the nearby soil stack with a hepo trap it makes more sense but then you'll never we any unvented discharge and as the cylinder is in the loft you'd not notice it from tu dish. I'd personally rather see d2 run separately from condensate. Am I being overly cautious ?

G3 certified but left pluming shortly after so not a huge amount of real world experience!

thanks

I'm pretty sure they have to be separate.

I think you can only run D2 in plastic if it's to be terminated internally into a stack. If going outside i'd always run in copper.

Does the D2 terminate above a drain?

I'd be looking to replace them as separate systems.

I am certain that each appliance must have it's own separate discharge pipe. Therefore this setup is incorrect. As Rckape says, plastic pipe (Pushfit Polybutelene, not solvent weld) is acceptable if it's taken to a soil stack internally. This stack must be vented to outside so no air admittance valve allowed either.

I'm sure you can combine discharges, but I was worried about it being combined with a condensate...will have another dig through the regs.

Am I right in saying that the condensate should be run in to the external stack (no gully available) with a trap?? And NOT just discharge onto the floor??

Yes that's right on condensate. It has to go to sewer or a purpose designed soakaway.

If you terminate into the stack you'll need to provide an air gap and trap.

Both are installed incorrectly by the sounds of it. Lazy install.

D2 can be plastic if its certified Class S to withstand temperatures. Discharge pipes can be combined each must have a tundish. Nothing about condense in part G, some boiler manufacturers (Viessman) have combined prv&condense which leads me to beleive its OK to combine them.
Youl need a hep 2o trap on D2 if its part of the discharge stack..

D2 can be plastic if its certified Class S to withstand temperatures. Discharge pipes can be combined each must have a tundish. Nothing about condense in part G, some boiler manufacturers (Viessman) have combined prv&condense which leads me to beleive its OK to combine them.
Youl need a hep 2o trap on D2 if its part of the discharge stack..

tbh as long as it can handle the flow you will be fine (1 1/2 up depending on run), and just check that any trap you use can take condensate and will not eat it

ive seen bg fit vaillant combi with condense and blow off into one 32mm waste pipe into basin run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to D2 run I to condensate in 32mm plastic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in a shared building with a flat above me. My upstairs neighbour has just fitted an unvented hot water cylinder. The plumber has run the 22mm copper discharge pipe into the old plastic Marley hopper and downpipe, which discharges straight into the sewer. This downpipe also carries...
Replies
Views
Hello again everyone,I know you can install the d2 pipe work discharging into soil stack via a hepvo valve either in copper or polypropylene pipe work clipped every 300mm, the issue I am checking is that the cylinder I will be installing is only 45cm away from stack and I have not found any...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
P
We recently had a 120 litre Gold unvented cylinder fitted in our first floor airing cupboard. The cylinder's pressure release valve D2 discharge pipe is plastic (originally fitted for the previous twenty year old BoilerMate) and looks about 22mm diameter. There is approx 100mm of vertical...
Replies
Views
peter7463h7
P
So you just bought or moved into the house, switched on the heating, and only some radiators are completely hot, while others are lukewarm with coldspots in the middle, and the gas/oil bill was massive while most rooms are struggling to reach even 18C and pose a heath risk? The previous...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock