Search the forum,

Discuss D2 plastic pipe instead of copper due to high cost. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
can anyone suggest a plastic pipe and fittings with resistance to high temperatures conforming to BS?
Thank you in advance.

Push fit pipe eg pp not abs

Or

Mupvc and the appropriate glue

There's not much between them but this is what I use, always been very reliable.

It's priced very well too.

Remember your clipping distances if you use plastic pushfit. The regulations say when using Polypropylene to follow manufacturers instructions. It also suggests this is normally clipped at 300mm spacing.

Have a look at Tectite metal plastic tube with aluminium core you can bend it with a mini bender clip distances much greater than plastic can be used on hot water secondary circulating systems .
Need the dedicated re rounding tool though we have found it really good .

Have a look at Tectite metal plastic tube with aluminium core you can bend it with a mini bender clip distances much greater than plastic can be used on hot water secondary circulating systems .
Need the dedicated re rounding tool though we have found it really good .

It's a good product in my opinion. It's rated to high enough temperatures to comply with D2 regs. However it only comes in 15mm and 22mm so if you need the D2 to reach further than 9 metres, minus bends/changes in direction, you need 28mm so you are back to using copper or pushfit waste.

It always makes me laugh about plastic discharge regs then they have plastic tundishes, most of the ones they send with the cylinders are c*** cheap rubbish, which IMO probably wouldn't last 2 minutes at temperatures over 100c - and most of them overflow over the sides too if it discharges at full rate! (Yes they did have 300mm below the dish 😂 )

Reply to D2 plastic pipe instead of copper due to high cost. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock