Search the forum,

Discuss cylinder with blanked heater socket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

2.jpg

3.jpg

I have a copper twin-coil heating cylinder with a blank brass fitting on its top where the immersion heater normally is. It has an internal thread of approx. 61mm, but below the thread is a solid brass plate. My question: is the brass plate designed to be cut out with hacksaw etc, so an immersion heater can be installed? Is 61mm the standard size for an immersion heater screw?

The cap / blanking nut will undo/ unscrew out

Eg use an immersion box spanner to undo

As above the brass plug is removable drain the water out the CWS tank warm up the plug and a few gentle taps and loosen with the correct immersion heater spanner . Kop

To remove then plug be carefull if its really stuck in this is how I do it
Turn water supply off to cylinder
get a hose attatched to the mt cock at the bottom
do not drain it...but put the big spanner on and give it a sharp wack
when free a little maybe a weep of water
then drain down ...reason the water keeps the cylinder strong otherwise you will crimp and ruin the cylinder twist and buckle the top.
then drain down. centralheatking

In the pictures it the cylinder looks empty. Don't swing on it too hard if it is empty.

Nothing wrong with doing it empty. It is all in the way that you do it. Give an immersion box scanner a go. You may need a bit of extra leverage on the handle. If it feels like the tank is going to bend try tightening it up slightly first, then give it another go. If still no joy, I have freed them with a little heat from a blow torch.

If you found this post helpful please like it.

Reply to cylinder with blanked heater socket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock