Search the forum,

Discuss cutting yourself on a burr in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

what should you do if you cut yourself on a burr while cutting copper pipe? Why?

Expanded question:

What might the negative effects of having a cut finger in a working environment be to yourself, other workers, the premises, and your customer? How might you mitigate these negative effects?

Some surgical spirit and skin glue seems to solve the majority of my injuries...'cept when I fell off a roof.

what should you do if you cut yourself on a burr while cutting copper pipe? Why?
Well I'd probably not log on to a plumbing forum to ask for advice before stopping the bleeding. IIRC, you need to apply pressure to stop the bleeding as your first move.

Depends a bit how bad the cut is. Are we talking 'ouch' or 'WTF, where's all that blood coming from and why is my finger flapping around like that?'

Wrap the cut in duct tape or electrical tape.
Not too tight, just enough to close the skin flap and reduce the bleeding.
( the tape won't stick to the skin because of the blood )

Keep on working.

That's what I did when doing a job for a customer 150 km away from anywhere that could help me.

It probably needed stitches, but the tape got me through the next 2 days to finish the job.

Wrap the cut in duct tape or electrical tape.
Not too tight, just enough to close the skin flap and reduce the bleeding.
( the tape won't stick to the skin because of the blood )

Keep on working.

That's what I did when doing a job for a customer 150 km away from anywhere that could help me.

It probably needed stitches, but the tape got me through the next 2 days to finish the job.
But don't put the adhesive directly on the cut (put the first section on inside out), so I am told anyway.

Reply to cutting yourself on a burr in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock