Search the forum,

Discuss Customer complained of poor pressure and water too hot. - Electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys

went to a job today no hot water, immersion was gone so I replaced. Was also informed that the pressure on the electric shower was poor and it was too hot.

The property is a pub and they have two boilers - im back in a week or so to redo pipework and rejig the system. I think there's currently two boilers - one downstairs that does upstairs and one downstairs that does upstairs. (all a bit strange to me) The electric shower is upstairs. The boiler downstairs is a remeha avanta plus if i remember rightly (think it was a combi). Boss is going back down there with me to go through the systems before I start work so I'll have a better idea of what i'm dealing with.

Pressure was ok on the Remeha.

Basically just want to know am I right in thinking it's a shower fault? nothing to do with the boiler?

remove shower and check pressure and flow of its supply. the shower may have a filter on the cold supply that is blocked. If supply is good and no signs of blocked filter/supply connection then probably best to replace the shower if its a cheap one.

remove shower and check pressure and flow of its supply. the shower may have a filter on the cold supply that is blocked. If supply is good and no signs of blocked filter/supply connection then probably best to replace the shower if its a cheap one.

Nothing to do with the boiler would you assume?

if its a standard type electric shower, it runs off the cold mains warmed by an electrical element inside the shower and has nowt to do with the hot water/boiler.

if its a standard type electric shower, it runs off the cold mains warmed by an electrical element inside the shower and has nowt to do with the hot water/boiler.

Yes standard electric shower, that's what I thought but it didn't come to me until I was driving away from the job. Doh!

Before removing the shower take the handset off and see if it is scaled up may just need a new one...regards Turnpin:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Customer complained of poor pressure and water too hot. - Electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock