Search the forum,

Discuss Crimping Tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nicholas8885

Can anyone recommend a good brand of Crimping hand tools for joining PEX tubing as used in interior and underground hot and cold water piping?

In case you are unsure, the hand crimping tool completely slides around the end of the pipe. When pressure is applied, the entire end of the pipe is crimped at once. The crimped end is then first placed into a transition fitting, never directly into the other pipe.

Please let me know - or if you can suggest any other supplier, I;d be grateful

Try this,I use a Uponor crimping gun for MCLP pipe and fittings. I haven't tried the PEX stuff though.

[DLMURL="http://www.uponor.ca/Header/Service/For-Professionals/Tools.aspx"]Uponor - For Professionals[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Uponor have a different system for pex. It envolves a ring on the outside of the pipe and then expanding it and placing it on to a fitting.

It's a good system and I have seen it tested. The pipe failed before the connection to the fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Crimping Tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock