From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Crimping tool recommendations in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

mfgs

Plumber
Gas Engineer
I’m after a crimping tool and looking for recommendations on what everyone uses and also how much you paid for it etc. I know they are expensive, but don’t want to get ripped off.
Also do the tools work for all fittings or do you need specific fittings to match the individual jaws?

CorgiDirect - Discounted Corgi Related Documentation and Plumbing Supplies
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
novopress / geberit aco 102

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Go for a quality tool like novopress. I have three now. And by chance bought my first from shaun. The poster above this.
thanks shaun, it’s still going well.

OP
M

mfgs

Plumber
Gas Engineer
What sort of price should I be paying for one? What fittings do they work with?

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
around 1200 ish

as for fittings its more the jaw profile

u / th used for mlcp
m for geberit mapress, yorkshire x press and sanha

Always check with the manufacturer of the pipe you're using. A lot of people think a 'U' profile will work on Uponor MLC, it won't they have a 'UPP1' profile or 'KSPO' for their Mini 32 gun. And while Jaws may appear to fit your gun, they may not press properly and you'll risk having leaks.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How does this work? They just give away £1000 worth of tools for free?
You buy x amount of fittings etc so works out the tool is free

Reply to Crimping tool recommendations in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbers Tools | Plumbing Tools and Advice

You're on PlumbersForums.net, the worlds largest plumbing community. Find Plumbing Tools and products at the best prices. Our plumbing suppliers are some of the biggest suppliers available, stocking the best brands and the best prices. Register to our community for free, and post a thread to ask a out the tool you're considering and we'll find the cheapest price with quick delivery for you. We also have the Tile community for Tiling Tools, and Engineering community for Electrical Tools.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares