Search the forum,

Discuss Cracked Mira Flight - what do we buy next? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, we bought a Mira flight tray back in March (it’s been under the bed since then as we ran out of money to finish a second bathroom). We pulled the tray out, peeling the plastic off and it has a hair line crack on one side. Mira won’t do anything about - understandably. But it means that we have to buy a new tray, any tips on what make? We are feeling a little apprehensive about buying another Mira as the most we did to it was move it under the bed to store safely. The size tray we need is 1200 x 900. Any advice would be gratefully received.

did you leave it with the foam edge protectors on ?

Never had a problem with Mira i think you have just been unlucky , if you dont want to go down the Mira route again then have a look at just trays or merlyn I have a quad to do next week looks pretty decent stuff , whatever tray you choose the riser kits if needed are all pony the front and edge trims never fit very well . Best of luck kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191026-075457_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191026-075457_Chrome.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20191026-075744_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191026-075744_Chrome.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 24
As above, just trays for me.

Avoid the cheaper ones with stick on legs, bloody useless!

I used to use Mira Flight until one split after 14 months of use and they refused to warranty it.
I used to fit mira flight all the time but I have had two crack in the last two years. I am in the middle of replacing one I changed 2 year ago and even put extra leg where the previous one cracked and it just cracked either side where the thin bit is in front of the waste. Think the quality is dwindling....

Attachments

• 20230905_155334.jpg
    20230905_155334.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 13

Reply to Cracked Mira Flight - what do we buy next? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock