Search the forum,

Discuss Cp12s in this currant situation. in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Heres a situation that I can’t get my head round and help would be great I am currently employed for a limited company, I am ok for the 2500k help if I stop working completely. But I have Cp12s for landlords to carry out next month (12 to do) may(15) as we have been told these need carrying out. One this won’t cover my wage to any extent. If I don’t do them landlord will get someone that will and I will potentially lose the yearly contract of approx 24k income. It’s a nightmare I don’t want to go into these house as not the cleanest of people as I’m sure yous can relate too. But what options do I have. Any one else in same boat.

It sounds like your trying to have your cake and eat it to be honest mate, I would be finding an engineer that you trust locally or you know already that is still doing essential works and work out a deal With him/her to complete them as a contractor. Even if you make no money this time around.

I don't think as Plumbers we'll qualify for any government help, as we can still technically work. We haven't been told to stop working - you have to be told to stop by the government I.e. Shops, Restaurants, hHairdressers to qualify for the Furlough Pay/Self Employed help as I understand.

A relative works in manufacturing, his customers who manufacture had shut down on Monday and were told they'd have to reopen on Tuesday as they wouldn't qualify for any support due to the government not telling manufacturing they could close.

I don't think as Plumbers we'll qualify for any government help, as we can still technically work. We haven't been told to stop working - you have to be told to stop by the government I.e. Shops, Restaurants, hHairdressers to qualify for the Furlough Pay/Self Employed help as I understand.

A relative works in manufacturing, his customers who manufacture had shut down on Monday and were told they'd have to reopen on Tuesday as they wouldn't qualify for any support due to the government not telling manufacturing they could close.

I spoke with my accountant yesterday and was told that I qualify for “furlough” but I need to stop work altogether.

I spoke with my accountant yesterday and was told that I qualify for “furlough” but I need to stop work altogether.
Yes but my understand is that you can only stop work once you've been told to by the government - in theory we can still work for emergencies etc. When they're still telling plumbers they have to do emergency work and repairs they aren't going to be paying you as well. It's your choice whether to do that work or not.

Tbh as he said they can't bail everyone out in the country, and the ones that will come first are the ones that work in a retail industry. As a trade that can still work I think we'll be last on the list anyway.
[automerge]1585302140[/automerge]
If you are fully self employed have 1 years returns and earn less then 50k a year you should
Qualify for yesterday’s deal
Honestly don't see how this will play out - a lot of people who are self employed will run with limited companies. We're a family firm with 3 family members - technically we're all self employed as we work for ourselves but run under one company. In theory we should qualify as an individual but as a company I don't know how they'll do it.

As I said in another post i'm dubious as to whether we'll get anything anyway....

Heres a situation that I can’t get my head round and help would be great I am currently employed for a limited company, I am ok for the 2500k help if I stop working completely. But I have Cp12s for landlords to carry out next month (12 to do) may(15) as we have been told these need carrying out. One this won’t cover my wage to any extent. If I don’t do them landlord will get someone that will and I will potentially lose the yearly contract of approx 24k income. It’s a nightmare I don’t want to go into these house as not the cleanest of people as I’m sure yous can relate too. But what options do I have. Any one else in same boat.

If it were me and I were worried about income and protecting, I would wear the same PPE as they do in hospitals.
Full suit, glasses, gloves and a mask.
Throw away after each job.
I would inform the Landlords that they are up for extra money this time due to protecting yourself.

You will be there extra time and have the cost of the PPE.

I went to an Aged Care Facility this week to replace 2 radiator valves.
I was given the equipment ( bar the suit ), had my temperature taken and had to wash exposed skin with sanitizer.

Yes but my understand is that you can only stop work once you've been told to by the government - in theory we can still work for emergencies etc. When they're still telling plumbers they have to do emergency work and repairs they aren't going to be paying you as well. It's your choice whether to do that work or not.

Tbh as he said they can't bail everyone out in the country, and the ones that will come first are the ones that work in a retail industry. As a trade that can still work I think we'll be last on the list anyway.
[automerge]1585302140[/automerge]

Honestly don't see how this will play out - a lot of people who are self employed will run with limited companies. We're a family firm with 3 family members - technically we're all self employed as we work for ourselves but run under one company. In theory we should qualify as an individual but as a company I don't know how they'll do it.

As I said in another post i'm dubious as to whether we'll get anything anyway..
If you are a limited company, take a small salary and then dividends then you are technically an employee of the company. The dividends in my opinion rightly shouldn’t count.

Martin Lewis has said that even those that have to look after their children now the schools are shut and can’t work from home can ask their employers to “furlough” them.
This doesn’t matter what industry you work in.

If you are a limited company, take a small salary and then dividends then you are technically an employee of the company. The dividends in my opinion rightly shouldn’t count.
Yes I completely agree, it’ll only be on our PAYE that if we can claim will be allowed. But the amount that probably run their self employed business like this will be huge.
However all these people are technically self employed.

Yes I completely agree, it’ll only be on our PAYE that if we can claim will be allowed. But the amount that probably run their self employed business like this will be huge.
However all these people are technically self employed.
Fully agree and it maybe wrong. But also see where the government is coming from. As businesses ran like this have benefited from a lower tax responsibility then if you were a sole trader or paye. This is the first time Ever that I have been glad that I declare all my earnings.

Fully agree and it maybe wrong. But also see where the government is coming from. As businesses ran like this have benefited from a lower tax responsibility then if you were a sole trader or paye. This is the first time Ever that I have been glad that I declare all my earnings.
Yeah - don’t get me wrong I’m not complaining I’m under the full assumption that we’ll get nothing anyway - if we do it’ll be only small anyway and a bonus.

If you’ve been benefitting from paying less tax by taking more dividends then a PAYE income you can’t have your cake and eat it - but in fairness we all still pay corporation tax at 20% plus dividend tax - in today’s rules it isn’t much different from paying yourself through PAYE.

Nothing in life is free, we’ll all end up paying for this in one shape or form.

Yeah - don’t get me wrong I’m not complaining I’m under the full assumption that we’ll get nothing anyway - if we do it’ll be only small anyway and a bonus.

If you’ve been benefitting from paying less tax by taking more dividends then a PAYE income you can’t have your cake and eat it - but in fairness we all still pay corporation tax at 20% plus dividend tax - in today’s rules it isn’t much different from paying yourself through PAYE.

Nothing in life is free, we’ll all end up paying for this in one shape or form.
Agreed mate. The above is the reason I have held off being LTD as the actual difference to a sole trader in my position is minimal.

Went Ltd about 2 yrs ago and since then paid myself naff-all, putting it all back into the business, looks like I'll not get much in the bailout but it's always a gamble in business. I can see myself starting again from scratch in a year or so when it's all getting back to "normal"

If it were me and I were worried about income and protecting, I would wear the same PPE as they do in hospitals.
Full suit, glasses, gloves and a mask.
Throw away after each job.
I would inform the Landlords that they are up for extra money this time due to protecting yourself.

You will be there extra time and have the cost of the PPE.

I went to an Aged Care Facility this week to replace 2 radiator valves.
I was given the equipment ( bar the suit ), had my temperature taken and had to wash exposed skin with sanitizer.
Only so much Ppe to go around though, hospitals are struggling what chance we got. I am masking up and gloving up every job, but when I’m doing 6 Cp12 a day they won’t last. I mean my mrs has me bollock naked in the garden before I’m allowed to enter the house..

I'm in the same boat - I'm going to set the tent up and camp in the back yard.

PS: Don't forget to put the bollock sanitizer on first - it's milder than the hand sanitizer.
The other way round may leave you 'uncomfortable'

I’m just asking tenants to go in another room if they desire, I don’t use any PPE. If your young, fit and healthy you should be fine...same with your family back home. Nobody wants to see sick and elderly people die either, however nature has its own powerful design. Boris Johnson has been 2m distance and look what good it did him.

Maybe you guys can shARE thoughts on this. One of my daughters has a partner who works, or did, on gas mains for a company but on a contractual basis was given use of a van. Three weeks ago was told out of a job. Now he and her think he will automatically get the £2500k payment, will he.? Now he has found work which will last him around 3 weeks. Would he not be better off refusing this work as I can see it making it a nightmare him claiming the self employed allowance
as now partially working.

My understanding of the current situation is for a sole trader we can still work AND get the payout in June. My guess is it'd be so complicated to work out who gets it and who doesn't otherwise, without doing a mini tax return. And also to avoid the situation of losing a great deal of workers who, like me, and I'd imagine a lot of you, would find it more profitable to not work than do one or two days a week if you had to choose.

Ill do it for you. If you pay me. 14 years experience

Reply to Cp12s in this currant situation. in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock