Search the forum,

Discuss Cp12 has revealed Ar issue? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Good evening,

I had a cp12 carried out today on a vaillant combi.
The working pressure at the valve was 12.5mb and the engineer said minimum was 13mb on this boiler. All other test were ok, but he Ar'd it and asked me to turn it off. Is this correct as other test were fine (combustion and gas rate) it has been passed for the last 3 years

Cheers

It’s very low!
Do you have other appliances?
Pressure from the road can also drop at peak demand times and effect operation

I’m assuming it’s a different person/company the the previous years?
Yes a different company this time.
If combustion and gas rate are fine is it Ar or just not to regs. So could engineer make a note of it on certificate.
Boiler manual does state in the commissioning section if below 13mb not to turn boiler on.

That sounds as if it was installed without having the internal gas pipe correctly sized. Get a Gas Safe Registered engineer out and the problem can be resolved once and for all.

Hi
he did the correct thing. It now needs sorting.
it needs investigating as it could be a problem with the gas meter side or incoming main. Undersized pipework in your house. Or a boiler gas blockage.
all can be checked and remedied by a decent gas safe engineer.

It’s wrong and needs putting right.
It wasn’t fitted to regulations.
If you disagree you can get another CP12 from someone else or contact gas safe for a free inspection. They will go through it with the finest tooth comb and you will probably have a bigger list of faults to rectify.

If it's a let property it's (rightly) the landlords duty to keep it safe. I'd be glad I found someone who does the cp12 properly.

Thank you for your input. I just found it strange how it had passed before without any issue. However I met the engineer today and he explained and showed me why.

25kw boiler with 6m of 15mm copper which then joined 9m of 22mm copper which connected to the meter.

Only 1.5m of 15mm was visible at the boiler and the engineer had made a small hole in the ceiling revealing even more if it.

He is now coming back to re-run the entire thing and re-connect the boiler.
Disruption for the tenants but safety is paramount.

Reply to Cp12 has revealed Ar issue? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock