Search the forum,

Discuss cp 12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have three flue categorys, flueless.open-flued, room sealed....so on a cp 12 what is c f refering too.

CF is conventional flue to us gasmen. Read it as Open Flue in new money.

thank it's bugged me for ages,my old boss use to write it ,and i felt stupid asking,i bet a few on here are glad i've asked
if you dont ask you will never know,no one should feel stupid asking questions its how we learn

thank it's bugged me for ages,my old boss use to write it ,and i felt stupid asking,i bet a few on here are glad i've asked

haha the amount of times ive heard someone say that in the training room, that they wish they were as brave as the guy who did ask, and now they know as well, have always told everyone there are no silly questions, only silly answers, and the clever people are the ones who ask rather than sit quietly needing to know something, how do they think we know thigs, cause we were clever enough to know we didnt know everything and asked the right questions, i hate people who thik they know everything

The problem with abbreviations is that if you are not careful they can be misinterpreted. CF could also be interpreted as Closed Flue.

When doing a cp12 , dos any one put hob on simmer then turn on hot water on a combi boiler , to check if simmers go out , to check pipe sizing to appliances , only my pal done his gas training and this was not mentioned to him

When doing a cp12 , dos any one put hob on simmer then turn on hot water on a combi boiler , to check if simmers go out , to check pipe sizing to appliances , only my pal done his gas training and this was not mentioned to him
new one on me,differant strokes for differant folks.

If you put dinner on simmer , then run a bath at the same time , it could knock out gas supply to hob , turn of bath , gas back on hob

your cp12 should explain this somewhere, they usually tell you how to fill them out in the back.

i'm not afraid to ask silly questions, been laughed at before but it doesnt bother me

If you put dinner on simmer , then run a bath at the same time , it could knock out gas supply to hob , turn of bath , gas back on hob
working pressure at meter and to inlets will confirm if this is the case

your cp12 should explain this somewhere, they usually tell you how to fill them out in the back.

i'm not afraid to ask silly questions, been laughed at before but it doesnt bother me
good its called live and learn nobody knows everything and someone who thinks they do are very arrogant and misguided nobody on this forum should be afraid to ask questions no matter how trivial they seem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cp 12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock