Search the forum,

Discuss cowboys/conmen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
had to fix some muppets bathroom install yesterday as it was a complete mess, the guy was obviously not a plumber and the reason it was obvious is that he used silicone instead of solvent weld!

leaks everywhere, shower was ment to be fixed with 15mm female elbows but instead used plastic pipe with no clips and drilled through baton so shower could be pulled out about 150mm from wall, his suggestion to customer? SILICONE IT IT WILL BE FINE!!

about 4m of dead leg on both the hot and cold rising up into the old CWSC, leaks from old fittings and new, no inserts in plastic just a complete and utter mess! he was paid for this btw.

I had to rip out all old pipework, and repipe nice and neat under the floor then up through the cavity of the partition that the shower was on. Lots of scrap for me, heavy gauge copper and lead, and a happy customer.

They also installed a boiler, and instead of putting it above the kitchen worktop, they decided to hang it past the worktop above the washing machine, so if you stood up potentially you can bang your head off it if your a tall person, condensate outside terminating above ground, no insulation or soakaway and wait for it.....the kitchen sink was 1m away!! also flue wasn't sealed and benchmark not filled in.

MUPPETS

Last edited:
Get customer to call gas safe! Sounds splendid was it a simi boiler to boot?

i told them to but dont think they are going to bother, i made sure it was safe. They linked the flow n returns without adding in at least 1 radiator and its only being used for hot water at the moment, I've got the heating system to install when they are ready, so will move boiler position also to a better place while I'm at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cowboys/conmen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock