Search the forum,

Discuss Cover tiger loop in Winter? in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

G

Gordon Rogers

Hi all.
We have just had a new oil system installed including an external Tiger loop. I see that the 'new' Tiger loops are now a complete metal unit (as opposed to the previous plastic dome).
My question is - In the depths of UK Winter, may it be necessary for me to cover the Tiger loop to protect from freezing conditions? The oil lines obviously have some insulation around the copper pipe but the Tiger loop and associated compression joints have nothing.
Thanks in advance.

Kerosene doesn’t freeze but rather waxes up and the temperature in which that happens is below -10°c I believe. You shouldn’t need to and when the burner is running the oil circulating through the loop is actually warmed a little.

Reply to Cover tiger loop in Winter? in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in kitchen (Retrospective view of alternate option when it was found that promise of removing pipes from airing cupboard could not be fulfilled). Battery...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around here ‘Shy bairnes get nowt’! My children (10 and 8 at the time) were lucky enough to be given an above ground 15ft round swimming pool from some...
Replies
Views
S
Hey guys, I'm sure this comes up a lot but I was hoping someone could help me out. I recently bought a new house with a Baxi Bermuda 401 back boiler in the lounge and an old gas fire over the front of it. I was surprised to find that the ventilation was located in the kitchen with no vents...
Replies
Views
Sarie
S
L
1 cigar cigars usabuy beauty mineral body kit cosmetics free shipping overnightbuy r1 red eu made cigarettes salecheap eSo, what can you do to guard your identity from criminals? Along with vigorously protecting your social security number, using a shredder to destroy credit card offers, and...
Replies
Views
laurenpolowf
L
So you just bought or moved into the house, switched on the heating, and only some radiators are completely hot, while others are lukewarm with coldspots in the middle, and the gas/oil bill was massive while most rooms are struggling to reach even 18C and pose a heath risk? The previous...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock