Search the forum,

Discuss Couple of leaks in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Fitted a new waste pipe and bottle trap for the new sink but unfortunately ended with a few leaks and wondering if someone could suggest solutions on how to rectify them.

One between the basin waste and the bottle trap, i guess i am needing a washer here but not sure which one to go for.

Second leak is a the pipe and the corner joint i have clearly not tested it enough to make sure there's no leak there. Is there a way to fix the leak without removing the pipe?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Attachments

• IMG_20210603_203328.jpg
    IMG_20210603_203328.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210603_203315.jpg
    IMG_20210603_203315.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 24
Just for your info, make sure you coat both the inside of the fitting and the external pipe surface before inserting the pipe. Also, don’t use too little solvent weld.

Either of the above can cause leaks like you have.

Edit: as you’ve got no more pipe coming out of the wall to easily remake it.
Cut the elbow off at the horizontal socket (side furthest from the wall).
Then make a couple of cuts a long the length of the remaining socket (parallel with the pipe) but just through the socket, not the pipe.
Then use a flat screw driver to pry off the socket.
Clean the pipe and you should be able to reuse it.

Reply to Couple of leaks in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock