Search the forum,

Discuss Could you take a look at pics and advice in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Ime getting a new boiler fitted Worcester bosh, by EON Contractor treason for new boiler its 12 yes old and knackered, as I get DLA and pension credit guaranteed, but my main concern is the state of existing pipework, please have a look @ pics and your advise please Richard

Attachments

• 20200718_182730.jpg
    20200718_182730.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 20200717_124521.jpg
    20200717_124521.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 141
Looks fine to me not the neatest but it’s old and the marks are flux marks will come off with hot water and a Brillo pad / green sponge pad

It would be nice if if the installer cut back to floor level and repiped it with a new mag filter, shock arrestor, descaler and auto bypass something like this maybe these were done on a tight budget you can't cut corners and expect years of trouble free Heating and hotwater delivery. Regards Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200719-093648.png
    Screenshot_20200719-093648.png
    551.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20200719-093710.png
    Screenshot_20200719-093710.png
    498 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20200719_093408.jpg
    IMG_20200719_093408.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 100
If it's on a scheme chances are it will be thrown in, cant expect anything else when the installers getting tuppence ha'penny to put it in.

Looks fine to me not the neatest but it’s old and the marks are flux marks will come off with hot water and a Brillo pad / green sponge pad
This bungalow belonged to my mum and dad both dead now, i can remember them having at least two boilers the last was an Ideal combi 30 what a pile of crap, i can't wait for the plumber to take it of the wall. I got a big sledgehammer and by the time I finished with it you'll be able to stick it through a letter box. I have purchased 4 diverter valves 3 flo turbo things 1 electric board and a heat exchanger so I think my actions are justified any thoughts on the diverta valve usage the water here is rock hard if thats what was doing them in,

It would be nice if if the installer cut back to floor level and repiped it with a new mag filter, shock arrestor, descaler and auto bypass something like this maybe these were done on a tight budget you can't cut corners and expect years of trouble free Heating and hotwater delivery. Regards Kop
Thanks for your input KOP Regarding mag filter/shock arrester/descale after doing a search on well known auction sites etc there's such a range from £30+ to £100+ on the mag filters etc it would really help me if you guys could point me to the right stuff I fancy one of them filters where you can clean out the sludge and a quality descale is a must the new boiler will be running 6 rads and a shower. no pump to shower. pressure has never been a problem, and I never herd about that water hammer problem but if its worth getting one so be it, my real plan of attack is, hopefully the plumber is local ish being a national company EON and to see if Hesse in a decent mood make him a cupper and ask him while herself ripping out the existing pipe work give me the

[/QUOT
WOW I just done a right long reply and its gone !!!! Aagh large coffee ile be back
[automerge]1595342727[/automerge]
Thanks for your input KOP Regarding mag filter/shock arrester/descale after doing a search on well known auction sites etc there's such a range from £30+ to £100+ on the mag filters etc it would really help me if you guys could point me to the right stuff I fancy one of them filters where you can clean out the sludge and a quality descale is a must the new boiler will be running 6 rads and a shower. no pump to shower. pressure has never been a problem, and I never herd about that water hammer problem but if its worth getting one so be it, my real plan of attack is, hopefully the plumber is local ish being a national company EON and to see if Hesse in a decent mood make him a cupper and ask him while herself ripping out the existing pipe work give me the

WOW I just done a right long reply and its gone !!!! Aagh large coffee ile be back
O OK I must of posted the longer post before this one, so I'll carry on while he's ripping out give me a pipe and fitting list, so I can pop to plumb cntr for stuff i should have the extra parts Mag filter etc by then with you guys advise on what mag filter etc to get I don't mind paying for top end stuff, i just want less agro than I had with that Ideal boiler, but I must say it was easy to work on. I was thinking of offering the plumber £100 for the extra work. Thanks guys for you knowledge and wisdom Richard

Last edited:
Adey magna clean pro is a good choice , but if you fit Worcester Bosch version it gives you another years warranty on the boiler . Kop
[automerge]1595361530[/automerge]
Worcester mag filter below . 👍

Attachments

• 20180410_160212.jpg
    20180410_160212.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Adey magna clean pro is a good choice , but if you fit Worcester Bosch version it gives you another years warranty on the boiler . Kop

Hey thats posh pipework KOP
Update chaps job is done and dusted and in use moved on to two kitchen first fixes , and a couple of designer type rads, another shower room to start next week . Regards Kop

Do you know if they are fitting a magnetic filter?
Hi Scot as it happens I sent a WhatsApp message to the EON guy thats had me taking pics of everything inside and out asking him what worcester boiler type and does boiler come with filters ect, but hasn't got back to me yet, but I will be getting one off them magnaclean filters as recommended by KOP, + recons you get an extra years guarantee if you fit one, or yea and I asked the eon guy does the new boiler come with a controller, wireless hopefully the one I was using was a Honywell CM927 but its got faulty display and you cant set some dates but you can use it just for turn on and off, cheers for looking Scott

Any update Richard ??? You will need a Worcester mag filter for the warranty extension mate as I pictured ok 👍
[automerge]1595475943[/automerge]
Ho KOP The EON guy has just come back to me and said I was getting a worcester 30i with filter and wireless controller, well chuffed as he said I may qualify for zero cost but didn't state what type of filter, i will txt him later, cheers Scott
Worcester do a range of controllers for their boilers hopefully your may get one ???

Last edited:
Any update Richard ??? You will need a Worcester mag filter for the warranty extension mate as I pictured ok 👍
[automerge]1595475943[/automerge]

Worcester do a range of controllers for their boilers hopefully your may get one ???
The Eon guy cam back and said it was a mag filter, never said it was worcester mag and never said what wireless controler brand was I'll give him a couple days and get that info from him, I'm still waiting for a copy of intitlement from DLA as I lost it, I think I left at CAB when they was helping me out, could even turn up today they said 5 days, all the best KOP catch up with you guys when I no abit more Richard

Hi KOP got my quote through they say they are fitting mag filter but don't say what model, i will speak to them in a couple days, is there any means of warranty that I could present to EON, they mabe fitting the filter you mention but if not it would be handy to produce a warranty for that filter, i would of put the quote up on here but I was having problems trying to copy and past it all I can try later I'll do it on my PC, other than that I was more than happy to get a spanking new worcester greenstar 30i fitted for £250.00 yeehaa
[automerge]1595933966[/automerge]
Hi KOP got my quote through they say they are fitting mag filter but don't say what model, i will speak to them in a couple days, is there any means of warranty that I could present to EON, they mabe fitting the filter you mention but if not it would be handy to produce a warranty for that filter, i would of put the quote up on here but I was having problems trying to copy and past it all I can try later I'll do it on my PC, other than that I was more than happy to get a spanking new worcester greenstar 30i fitted for £250.00 yeehaa
Quote Reference: 1
Date of quote: 28/07/2020
Installation of:
  • Worcester Greenstar 30i Combination Boiler
  • Honeywell T3 wireless Thermostat
  • 15mm Thermostatic Radiator Valve & Lockshield
  • 15mm Thermostatic Radiator Valve & Lockshield with drain off
  • Adey Magnaclean Filter Black
  • Heating System Inhibitor 1l
  • Heating System Cleaner 1l
  • 15mm Filling Loop
  • 2 Year Worcester Guarantee
  • Worcester 60/100mm Vertical Flue Kit
  • Worcester Telescopic 60/100 Short Extension Kit
  • Worcester Pitched Roof Flashing

Quote: £250.07

Total to pay: £250.07 Including VAT

just spotted the guarantee thought they may of been abit better than 2 years, ans i was never really happy with the Honeywell CM 927 if any body wants them after new boiler fitted you ma be able to put the right you can have them only postage cost there are guys that fix them on eba but never used any TWO i purchased they just pixelated if ya no what i mean i could never end up programing them because some of the numbers disapeard, and there

Last edited:
I would question that as Greenstar CDi & Si Compact, i or Ri also get the Worcester one fitted even if you have to pay an extra £20
  • 7 year standard guarantee
  • 8 year with any Greenstar System Filter

I would question that as Greenstar CDi & Si Compact, i or Ri also get the Worcester one fitted even if you have to pay an extra £20
  • 7 year standard guarantee
  • 8 year with any Greenstar System Filter
I have no problem about paying abit extra for the worcester one but it would be nice to get someone to post up here that there is such a warante, and you say standard guarantee 7 years so what's the reason on giving the end user 2 years and when looking about online I've even seen companies online giving out 10 years its just all sounds like the double glazing busines I was in for 25 years I had salesman telling customers the fitters will do this and that one customer was well passed of because my fitters didn't cut the lawn like the sales guy said, they caused stack of problems and the main one was guarente, I'll finish there waffling on

The only option is they buy the boilers that cheap with basic warranty best person to ask is Worcester as you could register it your self and have the filter installed for 8 years etc

The only option is they buy the boilers that cheap with basic warranty best person to ask is Worcester as you could register it your self and have the filter installed for 8 years etc
I can understand bying in bulk any company would want discount, and because eon want them that much cheaper tbey only give a 2 Year warranty, so are the boilers same spec as a ten year boiler, and if I ask worcester if I can register a new boiler and he ask where did it come from and I say eon, this is all doin my head in now, i feel a baxi coming on lol
[automerge]1595966157[/automerge]
It’s because they get the boiler at such a discounted rate you will never get a 7 year parts cover. They want you to take the cover out with them after the 2 years.
Yea and I no exactly what my reply would be, I've never taken out extra cover for a boiler I do no that there mabe some big national companys that want to strap you up every month but it won't be me, I see a.few plumbers vans up the cafe with Bosch boilers stuck on there van ide rather get one of the local boys to keep it topped up al leest I got one guy to keep it sweet, but ime still chuffed @ what ime getting for £250 + extra for the right filter.

Last edited:
£250 for a new boiler fitted even i would have a Worcester for that money 😉 kop
and it gets even better "have a look"

Quote Reference: 2
Date of quote: 30/07/2020
Installation of:

• Worcester Greenstar 30i Combination Boiler
  • Honeywell T3 wireless Thermostat
  • 15mm Thermostatic Radiator Valve & Lockshield
  • 15mm Thermostatic Radiator Valve & Lockshield with drain off
  • Adey Magnaclean Filter Black
  • Heating System Inhibitor 1l
  • Heating System Cleaner 1l
  • 15mm Filling Loop
  • 2 Year Worcester Guarantee
  • Worcester 60/100mm Vertical Flue Kit
  • Worcester Telescopic 60/100 Short Extension Kit
  • Worcester Pitched Roof Flashing

Quote: £250.07

Discount: £250.07

Total to pay: £0.00 Including VAT

What happens next?

If you’d like to go ahead, please Click here. You have up to 30 days to accept this quote.
accepting your quote, you have a 14-day cooling off period.

i spoke to a guy at eon installations and said about what filter spec and he couldnt tell me, what he did tell me was that if i change a part while under the warranty it becomes void, but after the two years you can do what ya like, am i chuffed or am i chuffed.. + the £250 i saved has paid for my new dog to have his knackers off, it hat to happen hees only ten months old and started scent marking and any one that came round ending up having the dog hanging of there leg, hees well peed off no balls and a lamp shade around his neck,

Bite their arm off 🤣🤣 kop
i clicked on it straight away KOP and there contacting me monday with a install date. yea well chuffed, have a great week end to all readers of this thread, regards Richard as soon as its done ill stick some pics up and there was another thing that botherd because i didnt no what it was and it used to leak this green fluidi did mention it to the eon guy and he said that he had put it down to be replaced ill find the pic. looking straight onto pipework its on the right you can se the old green stuff where it leaked, ill try to find it
[automerge]1596221587[/automerge]
i clicked on it straight away KOP and there contacting me monday with a install date. yea well chuffed, have a great week end to all readers of this thread, regards Richard as soon as its done ill stick some pics up and there was another thing that botherd because i didnt no what it was and it used to leak this green fluidi did mention it to the eon guy and he said that he had put it down to be replaced ill find the pic. looking straight onto pipework its on the right you can se the old green stuff where it leaked, ill try to find it
[automerge]1596221637[/automerge]
Looks like a pump

Attachments

• 20200718_182730.jpg
    20200718_182730.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

[automerge]1596221637[/automerge]

Looks like a pump
Nothing to worry about ☺️ mate it will get sorted out I'm sure . Kop

Reply to Could you take a look at pics and advice in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock