Search the forum,

Discuss Could this have been done better? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Could this piping have been done any better? It looks so unsightly.
IMG-20190329-WA0001.jpg

Not the best. Were they gas safe ?? Nothing wrong with the compression elbow but doesn’t show much in the way of pipe skills

To “coin a phrase” my old neighbour would say ,
“It looks ok to a blind man on a galloping horse “

Hi, thanks for your comments. Some of you can't see photo clear enough so here is a closer look, please ignore the TV cable. I would like some constructive advice from a professional if possible so I know how to ask a gas engineer or builder to put it right. It was a Gas Safe engineer who installed the fire and I also check him on the register. I didn't quibble about the price or asked for it to be done as cheap as possible.

20190412_130335.jpg

20190412_130028.jpg

You will not get the advice you are looking for I am afraid. Apart from get a gas safe engineer in to do the work for you.

Personally, I'd expect something on show like that to have executed with more consideration for asthetics.
Did you tell him(?) it was okay at the time? If you did, then I feel you have a little responsibility too.

It’s one of them depends where the inlet to the fire is

Why has he put a valve in a restrictor elbow?
Not that this is the only concern! just makes me wonder who does things like that and why.

Looks diy to me. You sure you have not done it!!?? Everything about it is horrible. Copper looks like bits I have in my copper scrap bin whole thing appears to me like it has been done by a handyman.

Ptfe tape over the olives and clearly been put on some of compression fittings threads.
It hasn’t been installed by someone who knows about making joints.

Could it have been done better? Yes

It is unsafe/dangerous? Maybe. Other people have discussed this already.

Was the option of hiding the pipe discussed?

Did you discuss your problem with the engineer immediately during or after the installation?

Can you go to a restaurant, eat a meal, pay the bill and then complain? Yes but probably not the best idea.

My recommendation is to call the engineer and discuss in a calm and reasonable matter the problem. If you want a neater pipe then you may get luck and he will do it for free. If you want it hidden, then it will cost you more.

Thank you. They were GSR I checked on the register it's just the copper piping that spoils everything. I wanted to know if it could be hidden safely or what's the alternative. I just want to know what to ask for.

Thank you. They were GSR I checked on the register it's just the copper piping that spoils everything. I wanted to know if it could be hidden safely or what's the alternative. I just want to know what to ask for.

Box it in but use cups and screws

Wow lol.

That fire can't be fully back to the wall.

Being a fuel effect I would have personally got a gas safe registered engineer around yesterday. (must have the fire element check back of card)

In regards to the pipework, it could have been done better but the main concern would be products of combustion entering the room if that type of fire isn't flush with the chimney.

Don't plaster straight onto a chimney, the heat will cause it to crack overtime

Reply to Could this have been done better? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock