Search the forum,

Discuss Could someone please identify the blue part ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am trying to tidy up the area up in the picture......
I have no clue what the blue part is......
I want to replace it and change its position......
so any help would be appreciated......
I have searched so many different things and I cannot find anything similar

Many thanks if you can help... just hope the picture is attached !:smoking: IMG_0001.jpg

Interesting and thanks......To 'tear it reet out'...... would I just add the feed above the loop, and the expansion above that ?

Get rid. Have vent going up from RH pipe, tee off to connect with horizontal pipe going to pump and tee in cold feed to same horizontal section. Offset vent with 45 degree bends to avoid horizontal sections. This assumes pump is pumping down,which is contra to connections on airjec but the other way would require pump re positioned on RH pipe and vent continued up from present pump position.

Last edited:
I think these MAKE systems dirty?

They don't "MAKE systems dirty" what they do is to block up if you have a dirty system.

They are designed to remove the small bubble of air that cause the corrosion in the first place, these are held in solution due to the velocity of the water moving around the system. We have all heard the slugs of air race through the pump long after the system has first been switched on.
The effect of the water entering the larger volume in the air separators causes a large drop in it's velocity which allows the small bubble to escape, join together & rise up the open vent to atmosphere. Unfortunately if you have a dirty system this drop in velocity also allows the dirt to drop out of solution & build up in them, just like it is designed to do inside a Magna clear type filter.

Please don't blame them for a poorly maintained system thereisa..

Airjec belongs to the age of Ronan Point and should likewise be confined to history. One lesson from Ronan Point is that any design needing a disproportionate reliance on everything else being correct, is a fragile design.
The OP picture demonstrates what happens when product marketing a supposed fix ignores basic principles. Glaring example is pump should be sucking from lower connection (one opposite cold feed) and vent pipe needs to rise as near vertical as possible. (nothing less than 30 degree to horizontal).
In any system, small air bubbles will migrate to highest point once pump is turned off and pipework designed accordingly will not need Airjecs.

Airjec belongs to the age of Ronan Point and should likewise be confined to history. One lesson from Ronan Point is that any design needing a disproportionate reliance on everything else being correct, is a fragile design.
The OP picture demonstrates what happens when product marketing a supposed fix ignores basic principles. Glaring example is pump should be sucking from lower connection (one opposite cold feed) and vent pipe needs to rise as near vertical as possible. (nothing less than 30 degree to horizontal).
In any system, small air bubbles will migrate to highest point once pump is turned off and pipework designed accordingly will not need Airjecs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Could someone please identify the blue part ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock