Search the forum,

Discuss cost effective options to heat a small temporary space. in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

I hope everyone and their families are ok at this time.
During my own self-build
I have to build a small living space (in a garage) two-story for myself and my family of 5 for 1- 2 years before I finish the full-size house. it is temporary but will be approx 30sqm meters downstairs with a concrete floor and upstairs 20sqm two small spaces on rafters and plywood. total of approx 50 sqm. it will be a very nice looking Georgian inspired build and a garage that matches that. It is in the countryside.

I have a general engineering and family building background.

What I do have is a sewage system, water and electricity (220v).

My questions is, what is the best way to organise cost-effective and efficient heat for underfloor heating and hot water for lots of showers and hot water in a few sinks.
I want to be able to have full-timer and online and phone control capabilities.

I don't love radiators myself and underfloor seems to way to go downstairs I currently use a coal stove to heat large parts of a house, I could do this again but I am open to solutions using electric heaters immersions and solar any other machines and devices I don't know about. Heat pumps likely not be cost-effective. I will be adding full insulation to the space. The solution needs to be cost-effective and use off the shelf items. Currently, weekly costs for electricity and coal is approx 50-60 pound These are the running costs. I want to beat that if I can. I don't think I want oil.

Any advice or ideas appreciated. I will be using registered plumbers and electricians where needed.

It would be great to know some of the options out there.

Keep safe all and thank you.

Reply to cost effective options to heat a small temporary space. in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock