Search the forum,

Discuss Correct type bath plug? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi - can anyone help? I’m trying to find a replacement plug for my bath (plug hole in pic) but have no idea of the type needed. Other pop up plugs don’t appear to fit. Thanks

Attachments

• DC96BCF7-1D12-44E6-9301-2CFA7609745D.jpeg
    DC96BCF7-1D12-44E6-9301-2CFA7609745D.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 12
Three suggestions:
Is there a chance there is a similar plug in your place anywhere that might be the same make fitted by the same guy? I found mine in the bidet, always wondered what that was for. If there is, google “pop up bath plug” click the images tab and browse.
Neighbours in similar houses built at the same time?
Measure diameter and search “Universal pop up plug”, shopping tab. Jungle themed retail site has them.

In the interim I would just go get 1x 1inch 1/4 black plug and same in case it’s 1inch 1/2 black..pop up wastes are a real pain...taken them out of all our holiday lets years ago.always going wrong..and no chrome ones on a chain as they get dropped into the bath and damage it. Voice of experience. These pop up arrangements are useless the silly 90degree bolt capture connections do not stay together and then there is the tolerance of how far the waste pops up ...gets jammed with hair etc. Then it’s all concealed behind and under the appliance.
Centralheatking

Last edited:
Hi
Thanks for responding. Is replacing it and easy job or will it need a plumber? The bath is tiled in so you can’t get under it. Thanks. Dan.

This is why you dont tile where a bath panel should go , somebody didn't think that through.
It turns it into a big job now , for the time being ( as above ) find a rubber one thats suitable and when you get a leak , change a tap etc , bin the tiles then .

Reply to Correct type bath plug? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock