Search the forum,

Discuss Correct Expansion Vessel Pressure in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening all,

So I've been losing pressure from my boiler on a daily basis and having to top it up. The pressure gauge is up at around 3.5 bar when the boiler is on so I assumed the expansion vessel has either failed or is low on pressure. I had a look on both the Cimms website (the EV is a Cimm RP250 10 litre) and it shows that it requires 1.5 bar of pressure. The sticker on the EV shows 0.8 bar (I think). Anyway, to stay on the safe side I decided to stick around the 1 bar mark. I checked the shraeder valve and air came out with no water which seemed promising. I topped it up to 1 bar and then tried again but there's no difference. It took very little to fill it to one bar (about 1 second) so I'm assuming the correct pressure is 1.5 bar. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Steve
20210106_114745.jpg
Screenshot_20210106-114511_Drive.jpg

What pressure are you running the system at?
Did you de-pressurize the wet side before charging the dry?
The wet side needs to remain at zero pressure whilst charging the dry side.

What pressure are you running the system at?
Did you de-pressurize the wet side before charging the dry?
The wet side needs to remain at zero pressure whilst charging the dry side.
The system usually runs at around 1-1.5 bar. Yeah I de-pressurised the heating circuit and then isolated the flow and return. The pressure gauge rose to 1 bar as I charged the EV. Not sure if that answers your question but thanks for the reply.

The system usually runs at around 1-1.5 bar. Yeah I de-pressurised the heating circuit and then isolated the flow and return. The pressure gauge rose to 1 bar as I charged the EV. Not sure if that answers your question but thanks for the reply.
You need to pressurise the dry side and use a gauge on that side.
No pressure should be allowed to build in the wet side as you charge it.
I would charge it to 1 bar.
If this is internal to the boiler you are supposed to be gas safe registered. Did you know that?
It looks on the photo as the vessel is on the rear?

You need to pressurise the dry side and use a gauge on that side.
No pressure should be allowed to build in the wet side as you charge it.
I would charge it to 1 bar.
If this is internal to the boiler you are supposed to be gas safe registered. Did you know that?
It looks on the photo as the vessel is on the rear?
Thanks mate. No I wasn't aware. I'll get someone round to take a look. Thanks for the advice.

Reply to Correct Expansion Vessel Pressure in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock