Search the forum,

Discuss Coronavirus, anyone been called off work in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all. I hope you are all keeping well and away from covid 19.

My wife had a temp and a cough last week and so she has self isolated. The new government guidelines are saying as of today that if anyone in your household has had a cough or temp then the whole occupants of the house need to self isolate for 2 weeks. A bit of a killer not being able to work.

I also was meant to be going to South Africa for 3 weeks at the end of March and that has been cancelled due to the flight restrictions etc.

Things are a bit nuts at the moment!!

Keep well and keep safe Mutley.
Take a couple weeks off and see how things develop.
Maybe think of doing all those things around the house that you kept putting off.
Keeping busy will be good for you physically and mentally.
I am hoping to do very little with exception of breakdowns or other little urgent jobs.

Our college (my employer) is still open and apparently it's "business as usual" from an educational standpoint here in Guernsey. We only have 1 confirmed case of the virus but people are saying to expect there might be 40 or 50 undiagnosed cases here now. How that is determined I have no idea.

Employees over 65 have been sent home as of today. Anyone showing any of the symptoms, runny/blocked nose, cough, fatigue, aches, sneezing or fever have also been told not to come in and self isolate whether they've been tested or not.

I am still expecting our schools links program students in my workshop this afternoon and I'm a little surprised they have not stopped it. That's a lot of movement around the place and between the schools.

I am feeling 100% fine right now but any symptoms and I have to self isolate until symptoms pass plus another 48 hours. That is our current advice. All unnecessary travel has been been advised to not take place but nobody is actually enforcing that yet.

I want them to shut down our borders for now, an easy thing to do here but they seem to not be putting that on the cards yet. Look after yourselves everyone and keep an eye (phone call) on your relatives which I'm sure you good people are already doing.

My missus is has diabetes so high risk, us self employed are still hanging in there first call out of the day for me today stuff is gone break and I can see us being called upon more . Kop

I have just viewed a video from a local Consultant who is warning this is the week where the virus will be spread and to NOT go out to shops.
She said the NHS will be overwhelmed and we are 6 days behind Spain.

So take care folks and consider your health and your families before work or shopping or other possible virus contact.

what's the official line on plumbers and self employed tradesmen? apart from the obvious if showing signs of infection etc .....my phone has quietened down considerably but should we still be entering peoples houses?

I think you will find most self employed plumbers will probably carry on working take what safety precautions they need to disposable gloves and over shoes , a mask if you're that paranoid and regular hand washing keep customers at arms length been asking mine to stay in the other room to me , I went over and above the call of duty today poor old girl with leukemia replaced her toilet flush valve and button she was on her last 2 toilet rolls and low on tena pads things they tell you hey so drove around trying to track down some for her 😂😂 Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_150024.jpg
    IMG_20200321_150024.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Reply to Coronavirus, anyone been called off work in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock