Search the forum,

Discuss Corona virus knocking on the door in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
The virus has struck down a few member of my wifes family the brother-in-law has it , sister-in - law and her husband so caused quite a bit of disruption their end luckily we haven't had contact with them, the people who have been in contact are now in isolation aswell they are ok fortunately but have all had positive tests and flu like symptoms . Kop

Stay safe.

Hearing of more around our way. Lad who works in the sandwich shop is isolating due to his wife testing positive, she works at the borstal who have a few cases. Woman I used to work with 25 years ago was sent home from work, tested positive and didn't wake up the next morning, but she was struggling with her mental health and word is it was self inflicted. Group of lads went on bus trip to Blackpool, most have tested positive but one went into the local working mens club when he knew he was ill. Closed down for deep clean.
A customer had to isolate as she was contacted by the track and trace people. She has three friends down country who have all tested positive. One no symptoms, one just felt under the weather and the last one was really poorly.

Think it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Stay safe.

Hearing of more around our way. Lad who works in the sandwich shop is isolating due to his wife testing positive, she works at the borstal who have a few cases. Woman I used to work with 25 years ago was sent home from work, tested positive and didn't wake up the next morning, but she was struggling with her mental health and word is it was self inflicted. Group of lads went on bus trip to Blackpool, most have tested positive but one went into the local working mens club when he knew he was ill. Closed down for deep clean.
A customer had to isolate as she was contacted by the track and trace people. She has three friends down country who have all tested positive. One no symptoms, one just felt under the weather and the last one was really poorly.

Think it's going to get worse before it gets better.
Think your right mate just heard my grandson has been sent home from school 7 members of staff tested positive and 4 pupils he's now off school for Two weeks and has to isolate when these things happen to people close to you it hammers it home. Keep safe all kop

Last edited:
I look after an apartment development and we have been dreading it , all elderly , and the first couple have got it , they are both intelligent people and have been isolated superbly , doors permanently closed , family brings there food with no contact at all .
Both of them are well into their seventies and its looking like they are going to be fine , Fingers crossed for them both .

I look after an apartment development and we have been dreading it , all elderly , and the first couple have got it , they are both intelligent people and have been isolated superbly , doors permanently closed , family brings there food with no contact at all .
Both of them are well into their seventies and its looking like they are going to be fine , Fingers crossed for them both .
Let's hope so mate cases are definitely on the rise in our part of the country, why ??? maybe the influx of holidaymakers recently hasn't helped the wife's sister and niece are both in hospitality they both tested positive, brother-in-laws are a a plumber he's been working on a hotel and the others a kitchen porter at the dog track so not looking good 🙄 . Kop

Last edited:
Had it back mid February caught it from customer who had returned from skiing in Italy.
Since had antibody test def had it was in bed for 5 days gave it to wife and daughter and her two
kids who had called to see us just before I started coughing .
Self isolated by default felt too rough to go out of door!
Nasty virus would not wish it on anyone (except maybe odd bad payer)

Let's hope so mate cases are definitely on the rise in our part of the country, why ??? maybe the influx of holidaymakers recently hasn't helped the wife's sister and niece are both in hospitality they both tested positive, brother-in-laws are a a plumber he's been working on a hotel and the others a kitchen porter at the dog track so not looking good 🙄 . Kop

Yep loads of potential spreaders there pal , lets all hope and prey that as it goes around it might, just might be getting a bit weaker .

Update on the wife's family a few more of em tested positive it's rife in this part of town track and trace are contacting em every day wanting to know their movements and past contacts, on the positive side they are not seriously ill no worse than flu. Kop

Lot of complacency. Just seen advert for our local working mens club, Halloween party on Saturday night. Fancy dress, raffle, music but totally covid secure. Aye course it is.

Then heard on radio that they are looking at dropping the isolation period from 14 days to 7 or 10 days. Reasoning behind it, people more likely to follow it if its shorter. Eh! Surely there should be scientific evidence to give a period of time that ensures people are not transmitting the virus?

We had lockdown, we opened things slowly with minimal impact then boom, schools, colleges and uni go back and numbers go through the roof. Then have to the listen to the whingeing snots complaining that they are missing out on the full university experience.

I thought initially that things had been done well in these unprecedented times. But the longer it goes on the more I think we've missed a trick.

To all who know people or who have family I wish a speedy recovery. Everybody else stay as safe as you can.

First weekend students were back at uni went to look at big restaurant refurb nr Sheffield City Hall.
Split level site restaurant ground floor pub above. Pub was packed with students no face coverings you could not have got a *** paper between them!
No wonder South Yorkshire is in tier 3

Reply to Corona virus knocking on the door in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock