Search the forum,

Discuss Corona virus and sole traders working in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have now heard conflicting things about sole traders working in customers houses.
1. only emergency work,
2, ok as long as you keep distance!
3. not at all,

has anyone got a definitive about what they are suppose to do.

kindest regards

Common sense. Only go if you have to, check on health of customer, keep them away from you whilst working, sanitise yourself on leaving.

Also I would say you need to be wearing face masks and disposable gloves, probably take your own soap and towel with you in case of washing hands, also refuse sacks for used gloves, I would go further and wear overalls that should be washed everyday or use disposable ones. Sounds like overkill but it also your health you need to look after

Was a health offical on a tv program couple of nights back .........

Ask if anyone in the house is self isolating before entering whilst standing back 2m from the front door.
Face masks offer very limited help unless someone sneezes within 2m of you and as soon as they are damp then give no protection at all so need regular changing (also heard this from a nurse who is getting through loads every day).
Best protection is latex gloves because should you touch a contaminated surface with your hands then touch your face you are likely to transfer it to yourself.
Keep customer 2m away from you at all times and avoid accepting cash (hand to hand contact)

thanks for the advice.
I have decided to take a 12 week break due to this as most of my customers for that period are all elderly.
I would imagine we will be in lockdown by the end of the week anyway, due to the cretins who still think nothing is wrong.
stay safe.

Honestly think this will be my last day. Luckily the house I'm working in is totally empty but I dont think it's worth the risk continuing.

The most difficult thing about running a business is letting people go, I've been lucky that I only had to do it a handful of times over the years but this is looking like one of those times and apart from the worry of my parents health it's my biggest fear right now.
Chancellor Richie Snack's employee bailout sounds great but as far as I can see it doesn't pay things like rent on our yard and workshop, building insurance, vehicle insurance, accountants, the list is endless right down to the window cleaner... Seriously I have a great big list of outgoings here in front of me and I have to start choosing what to chop...
Sorry I put this on a sole traders thread but it looks like we're all in pretty deep :confused:

Last edited:

Reply to Corona virus and sole traders working in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock