Search the forum,

Discuss Corgi home plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guy's, just wounding if anyone is doing any work for them ?? and if so how is it working out ? Reason I ask is every 3 or 4 Mths I get email form them about doing contract work ! Your thoughts on this would be welcome.

I get work from them, the work is sporadic but have had no problems with payment.

See this isn't a really recent thread, but have just come home to find the wife has had a call from Corgi Homeplan 'updating our details', she did say that as far as she was aware I had never been in touch with them before, and the guy was a bit narked, asking if I service domestic boilers or not?

Charming..... assume they are subbing out work, just googled them and they seem a genuine company, but to be honest the wife thought they sounded a bit like scammers. Just curious to see if many others had been approached by them?

I get work from them, the work is sporadic but have had no problems with payment.

Yes genuine company run by corgi the bloke I sub off gets a fair bit of work off them, we do some servicing and break downs for them.

paul

Also they have advertised heavily in the Maidstone and Medway towns area and knicked a lot of British gas's custom with their policy's

Yes genuine company run by corgi the bloke I sub off gets a fair bit of work off them, we do some servicing and break downs for them.

paul

Not run by Corgi, just licenced to use the Corgi name.

Thanks, the wife just couldn't work out what it was exactly they wanted, and think they didn't explain themselves very clearly, she thought they sounded like some kind of scammer!

Not run by Corgi, just licenced to use the Corgi name.

Having said that originally they didn't have the license and got taken to court by Corgi, and by British Gas for using the Home Care name. So they now changed the name to Home plan.

Subbed for a firm in Wigan that did their work, Said they got paid on time and it was ok. Wouldn't mind trying it my self, is it suitable for a one man outfit?

I do odd jobs for them, get paid Ok not done anything for over 3mths but may pick up in winter, you will get vetted , have to fill out a form stating what you charge, hrs you will work etc., but remember that you have to provide all materials at trade and they will add 15% above for mark up, don't cover the cost of you having to run around for parts you only get paid for time on site. so if you are charging say ÂŁ45. per hr and you have to go off for parts that is on your time + all other overheads, Oh, and they don't deduct any tax.

THREAD REVIVAL!!!!!

thinking of signing up for some work off these .. anybody else worked for these? how much you charge an hour with them?

THREAD REVIVAL!!!!!

thinking of signing up for some work off these .. anybody else worked for these? how much you charge an hour with them?

The charges are up to you ! but don't undersell your self, and note, if you start to spend to meny Hrs on a job (Based on how long they think it should take) or if they think that your parts are to expensive , you will be given loads of grief over it, I got fed-up with it and told them to stick it.

i currently work for them and no payment issues and a decent customer services team

I've just told them to shove their work. You are supposed to get payed within ten days but a few times now it's gone over thirty. I'm still waiting for a payment for a job I did at the beginning of February. rang them to ask where it was and they said they're busy! So am I when I'm fixing boilers for them at seven o'clock at night! NO MORE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Corgi home plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock