Search the forum,

Discuss Corgi home care ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsplumbing

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hello guys ! anyone doing contract work for Corgi Home Care ?? They keep sending emails about every 4 Mths asking if I want to do repair work for them. Just woundering if any one is covering there work, and how it is working out ? Do you make money doing it ??

i do work for them, agree hourly rate or fixed price, plus mark up on materials.

I read that wrong........

I thought it said 'Corgi Care Home' and thought it was somewhere old gas engineers see out their days!

Who knows they may open one, they did keep all our details, so expect a letter offering you a place. :wheelchair:

Yes, i'm on the books with them........ hasn't changed my life or made me a rich man but in these tight times it has been a useful extra revenue stream and i've not really had any problems of any significance :)

I set my boiler servicing pricing level with them quite high and as a reult i've only had 2 services so i may review my position on that !

So i get mostly boiler/system breakdowns.......... only thing i would say is do the job right first time, i know that sounds a strange thing to say but to explain myself better....... with my own customers if a boiler fault is a bit intermittent and the solution isn't clear cut i would start with the cheapest solution that may work first and work upwards from there, customers usually appreciate and understand that this approach could potentially save them money but with the Corgi thing if try something and you think it may have worked and you close the job it could come back as a recall and they don't pay labour on a recall........ only materials :( so either throw everything at it on the first attempt or don't close the job until you're quite confident the fault is sorted :)

Last edited:
Thanks Spiritof76, think I will send in paperwork, see what happens, how are they for paying ? thought the same better to have a few small jobs than none at all, still have bills to pay, What part of UK do you cover for them ? Do you tend to replace or repair parts, contract like this I think I would Replace to save any hassell,

Thanks Spiritof76, think I will send in paperwork, see what happens, how are they for paying ? thought the same better to have a few small jobs than none at all, still have bills to pay, What part of UK do you cover for them ? Do you tend to replace or repair parts, contract like this I think I would Replace to save any hassell,

They pay up just fine :).......... i would bin them off if they didn't lol......

I'm based on the Essex/Herts border and the work they send me is mostly local and the occasional one a bit further out :)

You can go to there website to sign up. I've been doing work for them for the last year. The thing about the recalls is correct, make sure you have covered all angles because you don't get paid for labour if you have to go back.

cant see anything on there website for tradesman to sign up, can only see customer sign ups, have you got a link ces?

Yes thanks Spiritof ! have sent off paperwork today, just as well give it a go ! at least they are not charging for the work.

Sorry, my mistake, the link isnt there anymore.
You can call them direct on 01383 628705 (option 1)

I initially agreed to sign up with them despite the fact that they were offering a pittance for boiler services. However, when the first job came in it was a reported leak on a WC cold fill. I called them to clarify if the hourly rate they were paying included time spent traveling to which I was told NO.

So essentially I could have spent twenty minutes driving there, spend 10 mins changing a fibre washer and then spend 20 mins driving back home again for about ÂŁ18 per hour. Plus, I was told I would only be able to charge for part of hour if the job only took 10 mins.

When I questioned this and pointed out it was not really worth my time, the reply was that when it came to boilers, they are all condensing and therefore its FGA in, clean condensate trap and then out the door. That's not how I work so I declined there offer.

Last edited:
I initially agreed to sign up with them despite the fact that they were offering a pittance for boiler services. However, when the first job came in it was a reported leak on a WC cold fill. I called them to clarify if the hourly rate they were paying included time spent traveling to which I was told NO.

So essentially I could have spent twenty minutes driving there, spend 10 mins changing a fibre washer and then spend 20 mins driving back home again for about ÂŁ18 per hour. Plus, I was told I would only be able to charge for part of hour if the job only took 10 mins.

When I questioned this and pointed out it was not really worth my time, the reply was that when it came to boilers, they are all condensing and therefore its FGA in, clean condensate trap and then out the door. That's not how I work so I declined there offer.

alot of the boilers i went to were non-condensing so i never really quite understood that one

ÂŁ18 an hour ??????thats not the rate i agreed:tongue:

It may have been a bit more than that, I can't recall for certain. All I know is that it was not worth the hassle for me, rather watch Homes under the Hammer :yes:

I didn't agree that either. In fact my service rate is higher than my call out rate.
I've came across a few non-condensing boilers and I always make a point of letting them know about it as the customer may not be covered. I even went to a call out and it was an oil boiler! Obviously that one came off contract as they don't cover Oil or LPG.

I didn't agree that either. In fact my service rate is higher than my call out rate.
I've came across a few non-condensing boilers and I always make a point of letting them know about it as the customer may not be covered. I even went to a call out and it was an oil boiler! Obviously that one came off contract as they don't cover Oil or LPG.

But do you get any servicing ? My service rate is higher than the call out hourly rate but then i've only had two lonely services off them :( Think i'm going to drop my rate as could do with a bit extra at the moment :)

Dont drop your rate Spiritof, will be comeing into serviceing season soon !

Dont drop your rate. I get infrequent service visits but I do get a few callouts.

I'm on the books for them in my area but there's a lot of guys doing it around here i used to get say 2 jobs a week mainly repairs until I came across a totally knackered Isar in Dec last year. Board gone pump gone yar yar, I started swapping out the parts and next thing i know i'm getting a call saying i'd gone over the permitted limit on parts for the job. I pointed out that i was never told anything about this prior to starting for them, just sent jobs and off you go etc. I asked time and time again for operating procedures and how do you want us to do this and that etc.

Next thing i know i've not had a job off them for 7 months, i can only assume i went on their **** list coz i overspend on ONE job. I never got a phone call or explanation, just cut off. Untill this morning i got a call out for a repair.

I told em where to go......... :)

So what do they call the cut off point for spending on parts ? Do they pay for boiler replacement if repair is to costly ?

I think the whole Corgi thing stinks - they acquired the register from Corgi detailing those who had new condensing boilers fitted in the last few years and started contacting them, using the Corgi name to sell them "Homecare" plans, which is British Gas's maintenance plans name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Corgi home care ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock