Search the forum,

Discuss Core drills in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

It had a really slow start up on it that caught me out but once it’s up to power wow

How were you with hard reds? I find they can sometimes clog the core and I have to keep cleaning the core on a scrap of concrete - but then the job is easy.

Learnt this the hard way, after burning out a core bit :(

I just let the drill do the work and it sailed through

Yes exactly, start forcing it and it'll snatch, what's the clutch like? Ric's tip about cleaning the core bit is a good habit to get into.

Clutch is brilliant. Not a jerk your arm out of the socket type stop just a nice power decline

I have a Marcrist and was loving it until it broke in less than 2 years. Love the slow start and general feel. Wish I had registered it. Can’t find anyone local in MK that will fix it. Might go back to Makita or try the Metabo

Have you had it apart and had a look, my corded Makita quita while back so i took it apart as nothing to loose.
It had a lot of overhead use and grit had fallen in the mechanism. Cleaned out, lubed up and to my constant surprise still going strong. Worth a try 👍

Reply to Core drills in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock