Search the forum,

Discuss Core drill dust extraction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

Hi guys what kit do you guys use I've got a makita core drill I was looking for a dust extractor recommendations please

Do you mean the dust extractor unit that goes between the drill and the core?

I tape henrys hose to a big stick and prop it under where im drilling. Does the job.

Ok I thought there was a kit. Or adapter that goes on the drill so it sucks out the dust as it drills

i had one on the core but it does not suck very well connected to the henry eg the core extension

Does anybody know. Do I need to buy special core bits ect or just this adapter

Don't waste your money. Absolute carp. Blocks up and only gets 30 % o dust. Do it wet or from outside or leave core drill in van and use 10mm center hole then stitch it out with a 6mm sds. I find it much quicker as don't need tranny leads core or big drill. Only use core when there is going to be an issue.

dont know what happened to my post, thats all you need i have a duff henry hose so i just cut the nozzle of and duck taped it on to the dust remover.

i will take pictures of mine when i clean out my van

I did see a surround that you put on the wall, attach your hoover and it does it externally. Called a dust buddy or something

I did see a surround that you put on the wall, attach your hoover and it does it externally. Called a dust buddy or something

Probably better, hope none of u use them for driving 8mm holes. Have had a custard try and Hoover dust as I hung rad. Didn't end well!

Probably better, hope none of u use them for driving 8mm holes. Have had a custard try and Hoover dust as I hung rad. Didn't end well!

*grins*
i know a product like that, it might have half a chnace to work....
its also red

Yeah I've had one of those dust extractors before as said they block up and because the hole is small they aren't that powerful. You still end up with dust spilling out the hole your cutting.

Hilti vcd50. :)

There is a big difference between a hoover and a dust extractor. Fine dust (brick/block) ruins hoovers.

Last edited:
I used to have a hilti dd100 and dust extractor. This would remove dust even when drilling downwards. The problem was the bits were too expensive (£200 x vat for a 5 inch) plus they had two different grades of diamond, use the wrong one and you could wear it out in one hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Core drill dust extraction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock