Search the forum,

Discuss Copper push fittings used for a boiler swap. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone.
Iv just read an article on installers magazine that says how much better gas installers find using copper push fit fittings for a boiler swap.

According to the article, unlike plastic push fit fittings which cant be used in close proximity to the boiler, the copper ones can.

So my question is has anyone got any first hand experience of using copper push fittings for a boiler swap? Pros and cons? Opinions and advise?

Pushfit or pressfit?
I didn’t realise you could use pushfit. What brand are they talking about?

Pushfit or pressfit?
I didn’t realise you could use pushfit. What brand are they talking about?

Not pressfit. I know they can be used no problem. This was about copper push fit.
Ill link the article.
[automerge]1600984935[/automerge]
[automerge]1600984976[/automerge]
I’m guessing these ?

Could be.

The article is talking about sharkbite fittings I think.

Sharkbite are a good quality all brass push fit with a stainless steel grab ring, i would use the odd one in a awkward situation the only problem is they are not readily available in my area tectite are similar in quality and are stocked at my supplier, they are quite expensive compared to a endfeed fitting so not something to use on the whole install and never ever to be used on Gas . Kop

Sharkbite are a good quality all brass push fit with a stainless steel grab ring, i would use the odd one in a awkward situation the only problem is they are not readily available in my area tectite are similar in quality and are stocked at my supplier, they are quite expensive compared to a endfeed fitting so not something to use on the whole install and never ever to be used on Gas . Kop
Ah I see.

Thanks for the explanation. I suppose the odd one or two would be ok to get you out of a tight situation where using a blowtorch is hard. I wouldn't use use them on all the joints because of the cost.

Pleased to know that you can use them if you need to.

Not pressfit. I know they can be used no problem. This was about copper push fit.
Ill link the article.
[automerge]1600984935[/automerge]
[automerge]1600984976[/automerge]

Could be.

The article is talking about sharkbite fittings I think.

1 year guarantee - as per the the link.
Confidence in those fittings - NOT

We have used literal thousands of tectite fittings in last 5/6 years (we do lots of pub & restaurant
fit outs)
Use tectite metal tube with the classic fittings as it's quick to use and can be used on secondary circulation system's . Use the sprint fittings for the surface fixed copper in the kitchens.
Also we install on average 2 oil boilers a week mostly Grants they use tectite as terminal fitting so for speed tend to use them for whole job .
Means I can do combi changes on my own in day .
Can only remember one fitting leak and that was a badly marked bit of copper one of lads just missed seeing.

Reply to Copper push fittings used for a boiler swap. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock