Search the forum,

Discuss Copper pipes on block and beam in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. New to this. I Will Try and explain best I can.
Large New build (2.5yrs old) with block and beam flooring.
Then Membrane
Then celotex
Then membrane
Wet system underfloor heating
In approx 2-3” of screed I think
Then tiled throughout
15mm Hot and cold copper pipes, felt lagged running from the boiler through the kitchen through the hallway then to a downstairs WC. Approx 15 mtr away from the boiler

Should they be sitting on top the block and beam or on top of the first membrane /DPC ?

Is there a right and wrong approach
Are there building regs for this ?

ideally should be above dpc

Reply to Copper pipes on block and beam in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock