Search the forum,

Discuss Copper pipe cutter for plastic fittings in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I have a traditional “disc” type cutter that you wind down onto the copper pipe but I’m told it’s best to have a cutter or “slice” that leaves a chambered edge on the copper pipe so it clears the plastic fitting O ring. Can anyone recommend the best cutter for 22mm and 28mm copper pipe when using H20 plastic fittings? Thanks in advance

Solder or compression on the copper. Only time I've really had a plasic fitting let go recently was on the copper side when I had to join copper to hep2o plastic. I don't trust hep fittings on copper. If it's a diy job go for comp fittings. Easier to dismount and re do than hep with their pita demounting key thingy. Little jet blue compound behind the olive will do. If you must use plastic on copper I'd use speedfit as there is a mechanically tightening locking ring.

I use monument pipe slice, just keep it clean and a little spray of silicone grease from time to time to keep it in good working order, oh and a new blade when needed.
Push fit is ok used on copper but I use polyplumb fittings, the dark grey ones, easier to take apart if you think it’s not quite gone together properly than the hep.

If you must use plastic on copper I'd use speedfit as there is a mechanically tightening locking ring.

+1 for the JG Speedfit. I have a lot of confidence in these fitting and never had one come off a copper tube or any other tube for that matter. Very reliable fittings in my humble opinion.

Sf are uglier than the hep. But then all plastic is pretty pug fugly against a well made end feed joint.

Reply to Copper pipe cutter for plastic fittings in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock