Search the forum,

Discuss Copper pipe cutter for plastic fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I have a traditional “disc” type cutter that you wind down onto the copper pipe but I’m told it’s best to have a cutter or “slice” that leaves a chambered edge on the copper pipe so it clears the plastic fitting O ring. Can anyone recommend the best cutter for 22mm and 28mm copper pipe when using H20 plastic fittings? Thanks in advance

Solder or compression on the copper. Only time I've really had a plasic fitting let go recently was on the copper side when I had to join copper to hep2o plastic. I don't trust hep fittings on copper. If it's a diy job go for comp fittings. Easier to dismount and re do than hep with their pita demounting key thingy. Little jet blue compound behind the olive will do. If you must use plastic on copper I'd use speedfit as there is a mechanically tightening locking ring.

I use monument pipe slice, just keep it clean and a little spray of silicone grease from time to time to keep it in good working order, oh and a new blade when needed.
Push fit is ok used on copper but I use polyplumb fittings, the dark grey ones, easier to take apart if you think it’s not quite gone together properly than the hep.

Sf are uglier than the hep. But then all plastic is pretty pug fugly against a well made end feed joint.

Reply to Copper pipe cutter for plastic fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock