Search the forum,

Discuss copper cylinder removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

princeknight

hi

removing old system boiler, replacing with combi.
exisitng copper cylinder has 6 connections, hot water, cold feed, central heating flow and return, and another 2x22mm pipes, i guessing these are secondary heating zone? what to do with this pipework when removing and insalling combi.

hi

removing old system boiler, replacing with combi.
exisitng copper cylinder has 6 connections, hot water, cold feed, central heating flow and return, and another 2x22mm pipes, i guessing these are secondary heating zone? what to do with this pipework when removing and insalling combi.

is it a primatic?

sounds like a twin coil cylinder, do you have a back boiler, aga or a rayburn there as well as an oil/gas boiler?

no back boiler, no oil burner either, no solar panels. it has a system boiler wall hung natural gas, dont know which make, all makings have worn off and no data badge., has only one three port mid postion valve.

Do the fitting on the cylinder that the two pipes are connected ,look like they came with cylinder or added
The cylinder may have a secondary heat exchanger in it,to provide heat to somewere else or pipwork could have been pre run so maybe another heat source could be added later,just going to have to trace pipe runs

pipes have not been added. have sorted the installation, identified the heating flow and return, linked together. cold feed and hot water disconnected, the secondary pair of 22mm pipes, just linked them also. ran boiler, everything running A okay. problem trying to trace second pair of pipes was that there was hardly any room to swing a dead cat in. these clients just moved into property and had ALL SORTS of crap everywhere. but thanks guys for all your help... cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to copper cylinder removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I had my indirect hot water cylinder removed a few days ago and the central heating boiler and pump is turned off at the fuse spur right next to the boiler. I have been without hot water for a few days which is fine - The plumber left the flow / return to the cylinder uncapped as well as the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2 my ch boiler, non condensing is playing up, I can get hot water, but when heating is on pipes only get hot for 1st mtre or so? I can hear feel the...
Replies
Views
If changing a combi boiler system to a heat pump. What do they usually do with the balanced cold connection on the hot water cylinder? Cap it. And put a pressure reducer on the mains so they have equal hot and cold pressures? I can't see them repiping a balanced cold from the cylinder to each...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock