Search the forum,

Discuss Coonnecting sink/bath wastes into soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son is putting in a bathroom upstairs in a small victorian house. A plumber has installed a soil stack, and wc connection a while ago, but we now need to connect up a sink waste and a bath waste into that soil pipe. Where the waste pipes would naturally come out of the wall around floor level, the soil pipe has the wc connection....
So I need to come through the wall and drop down 6 inches or so before running the waste pipe along the outside wall at the required fall ?
Here's a photo showing the soil stack. The other question is the sink and bath waste will come into the soil stack on opposite sides, is there a boss(es) that would make that connection easier ?
bathroom.jpg
Thanks
Tony

OK I can stagger the boss's. But in answer to my first question is it acceptable to have a short vertical run of waste pipe on the outside wall so that the long horizontal run is at the appropriate fall ~ 25mm per 1m ? Or is it ok to have an horizontal fall that is much more, say 50mm per m to the place I can put the strap on boss ?

As long as you have the fall perfectly acceptable.

So for sink/bath wastes, as long as the horizontal runs are within the Part H recommendations for fall all is ok, and using a small vertical fall is fine to get the horizontal falls within spec ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Coonnecting sink/bath wastes into soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock