Search the forum,

Discuss coolag Alfie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
Looked good until the thread cutting part

i did think that aswell but tbh not that hard to get around the way i would is just leave the spanner flats on the outside so you can undo cut to size then just add some 577 then screw in and your good

Its true though about fast fix kits leaking into wall, granted if you do them up properly and the pipes are not angled its fine but I still worry.

reinventing the wheel or good idea

Ty (the inventor) is prolific inventor and a pal of mine. We share the pain of being stitched up by people we trusted.
This has changed much - it was way over engineered previously.
Whilst I genuinely wish him well, I cannot help but feel this is yet another 'solution' to a non existent problem - as I've told him. It is not something I would buy.
I can however see him doing decent numbers because IMHO younger plumbers seem to seek ready made solutions rather than 'invent' as old idiots like me do. :rolleyes: :)

I too find it quicker and easier to bring through plain pipe and use a fast fix kit.

No mucking about with wall plate elbows and trying to work out how thick tiles etc are - especially when custard then changes tiles....

Can’t see the advantage of this over fast fix - in fact it looks much more of a faff, and I expect it costs more than £16.

I too find it quicker and easier to bring through plain pipe and use a fast fix kit.

No mucking about with wall plate elbows and trying to work out how thick tiles etc are - especially when custard then changes tiles..

Can’t see the advantage of this over fast fix - in fact it looks much more of a faff, and I expect it costs more than £16.

Unless the plaster / boarder moves them

6 applications in one.
[automerge]1567962454[/automerge]
Ty (the inventor) is prolific inventor and a pal of mine. We share the pain of being stitched up by people we trusted.
This has changed much - it was way over engineered previously.
Whilst I genuinely wish him well, I cannot help but feel this is yet another 'solution' to a non existent problem - as I've told him. It is not something I would buy.
I can however see him doing decent numbers because IMHO younger plumbers seem to seek ready made solutions rather than 'invent' as old idiots like me do. :rolleyes: :)
Non existent 😂
National problem!

Reply to coolag Alfie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock