Search the forum,

Discuss cool rad in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

hi all
i have a prob with one of my rads I have 11 rads in the house one does not get hot changed the rad for a new one with new fittings still the same prob the pipework looks about 6mm thinking may be blocked with sludge is it worth it to change to maybe 10mm pipe to see if that solves the prob thanks

Probably wasn't necessary to change the radiator. Still, what's done is done.

Try running the system with all the other radiators turned off and turn the pump up if you can. Does that force water through the cool rad? If so, it's probably a balancing issue, or you've just cleared an airlock. Try turning the other radiators back on and see what happens.

Are you getting any flow at all into the new radiator? If not, try removing it and opening one valve at a time into a bucket. That will identify a possible blockage.

Reply to cool rad in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock