Search the forum,

Discuss cool fronted radiator for safety in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emailalantaylor

I plan to put a conventional modern radiator into my elderly mother's bathroom to replace a very old chrome bar type bathroom towel rail. For safety reasons , in case she brushes against it I have in mind to use a conventional radiator with a smooth flat front so if she touches it she will not risk burning her very sensitive skin when coming out of the bath. The rad is near the bath and this is a possibility. Its a small bathroom anyway. I don't want to use a chrome rad. because she is at risk with that kind , of burning herself.
Can anyone suggest an actual make and identify a product for me that would fulfil what I am loking for. I have 'cool fronted' radiators in my own house but don't know who is the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cool fronted radiator for safety in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have started fitting new radiators in my house. The lounge kitchen gets very cold in the winter and is a big room that has previously had an extension put on it and is 19.5 metres by 6.5 metres with a 2.25metre high ceiling. I started by replacing an old radaitor with a 1200x 600mm K2. Which...
Replies
Views
Looking to upgrade a couple of rads in my house but wanted to get some advice on suitability. I have a glowworm bg330 31 kw conventional boiler which currently feeds 10 type 11 radiators 5 up 5 down. The upstairs is run in 15mm pipework and the downstairs in 10mm. I'm looking to upgrade the 2...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm really stuck with an issue I have with our soliud fuel back boiler system and my novice understanding is pretty much out of ideas so I'd really appreciate some advice. We've recently moved into a new place that has the hot water and central heating powered by a stove in the lounge...
Replies
Views
Hi All! Bought a house recently, and we have been having the most frustrating issue with a very loud humming noise that intermittently comes and goes in our pipework. Have had a plumber around to check the issue to no avail so far, unfortunately. We have an Ideal Logic+ c35 combi boiler. System...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Recently moved into a house that appears to have some not-so-effective radiators (some are very hot so am confident no issue with the boiler). The worst offender is an angled double radiator in a bay window (measures 450mm high and 240mm long). It barely gets hot despite the flow pipe...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock