Search the forum,

Discuss Cooker igniter at risk or if? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Freestanding cooker with 4 gas rings has had the fuse taken from the plug so no electronic ignition for the gas rings. Is the sparker a safety control?does the lack of spark make this at risk or ID?

Why has the fuse been removed?
It's a test centre! Downstairs when I did some training they said oh if it doesn't work it's ok use a match. A few months later same place somebody said nope it's safety control so it's immediately dangerous. I chose not a safety control so not immediately dangerous. I can't seem to find an answer

That’s a good one for a Test Centre - I will use that in the future.

The manual ignitor on a stove hob is not a safety device ( so it is not ID).

In isolation, the manual ignitor not functioning is also not AR.

However, the catch all is that the appliance is not operating in accordance with the Manufacturers Instructions which would justify an AR.

It is one of those points that will always trigger a discussion on differing options as to whether or not it is AR.

Isn't it immediately dangerous as in a leak and a spark from elsewhere could explode? I'm not trained on gas but that's how I see it.

Isn't it immediately dangerous as in a leak and a spark from elsewhere could explode? I'm not trained on gas but that's how I see it.
no if the cooker was leaking gas when not being used and a spark from somewhere else ignited it it wouldnt matter about the manual ignitor being inop as it wasnt being used at the time

Reply to Cooker igniter at risk or if? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock