Search the forum,

Discuss converting up to 22mm from 15mm for shower/bath feed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djkay1982

as mentioned on previous thread and fitting a triple valve controller to feed shower rail, rain head and bath filler.

outputs look like 15mm on it, but inputs look like 22mm.

i was planning on using existing 15mm shower feeds as they are in the correct place.

am i best running the bath feeds to this instead? from opposite side?

the bath hot is on 22mm

but the cold is on 15mm

is it wise stepping the cold up to 22mm then running it long and then up to the consealed triple valve?

cheers

Hi I am not familular with the three way controler you mention. But why not run a bit of 15 mm plastic pipe and monitor performance. This will give you an answer and only take a few minuets.

Run 22mm feed all the way to supply or you will have supply issues and low pressure.

te Vado Bathroom Taps

this is it

its the MIX 148/3

Bugger, will I foxtrot? can I run 22mm hot and get away with 15mm cold feed? or am I going to have a pick up a 22mm cold from somewhere, dont know where im going to pick that up from :confused:

If you are running from a combi / unvented you should be OK or if you have a pump you may get away with 15mm. For gravity you need 22mm for certain.

nice one thanks for the info bud. its a combi boiler, Worcester Bosch, Greenstar 30 CDI.

unvented? sorry unfamiliar with that, whats that mean?

cheers

Unvented - IE a Megaflow cylinder (google it-fed from mains)

ah, well i no longer have a cylinder so guessing that doesn't apply to me.

mine is just mains fed Combi now.

spoke to my mate who fitted it, asking if he knew of a 22mm cold feed I could tap into. he sed there probably isnt one in my house. and cos its running mains fed combi. it should be fine on the 15mm.

think thats ok?

cheers

dave

Your boiler is a very good one, so as long as your main pressure is decent you should be fine connecting it up with the existing 15mm feeds. I'd imagine the Vado mixer prefers balanced inputs.

So as I understand it you are asking if you can use the existing feeds to the shower, both of which are hot and cold, then use a 22mm step up coupler to go join onto the Vado's inputs? Then connect the Vado outputs directly to the 15mm cold to the bath, and a step up coupler to connect to the 22mm hot on the bath.

FYI unvented systems still use a boiler to heat the water obviously, the difference being the cylinder stores this hot water and it is released at mains pressure on demand, so there's no pressure drop when multiple outlets are demanding water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to converting up to 22mm from 15mm for shower/bath feed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock