Search the forum,

Discuss Convert Multi Zone to Single Zone in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

H

holdestmade

I have a new build and has 2 separate zones. One thermostat in main bedroom, one in living room.
Main bedroom thermostat controls all bedrooms and bathrooms, living room thermostat controls all downstairs and the upstairs landing.
Rooms with thermostats have no TRVs as expected, and all other rooms have TRVs.

I have recently converted to Hive and added Hive TRVs to all radiators with TRVs. What has become apparent is the multi zone doesn't really work when you have essentially a zone in every room. When a room calls for heat it turns on a zone, and that heats the main bedroom, same for living room. When the bedroom is up to temp, none of the other bedrooms can call for heat any more.

What I'd like to do is have one zone, have the hall and landing without TRVs, add TRVs to living room and main bedroom and have the thermostat in hall and have them heat when Hive calls for heat.

That way, when a Hive valve calls for heat it will boost the hall and landing and not the bedroom or living room

Can I remove the upstairs thermostat (and controller) from the wiring centre and bridge the 2 zone valves in the control centre ?
This will make all the radiators essentially on one circuit and when the downstairs thermostat calls for heat (when a room TRV calls) it will heat the hall and landing as well as the room.

Hope this makes sense, any ideas on this or an alternative method ?

TIA

It sounds as though you need to get rid of the zone valves, and install hive trv’s on the other 2?

Reply to Convert Multi Zone to Single Zone in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock