Search the forum,

Discuss Conventional system hot water pump issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a conventional system and my boiler has Surrey flange. The expansion pipe feeds upstairs bathroom also, but I would like to pump the hot water for upstairs similar to the diagram. Do I have to run a separate feed to upstairs supply?

8700DD45-B45B-4AF0-9CF9-76E0FB5D33E9.jpeg

Ok then you’d probably need minimal repiping and a whole house pump. As long as the tanks are well above all outlets then you can get away with a positive head. You may wish to consider getting larger loft tanks to compensate the likely increased water useage

Why didn't whoever drew that show a pt 2 ball valve I wonder?

Most pumps will work perfectly well with as little as 400mm tween the bottom of the stored water and the highest point in the shower.
So far as I recall, all pump manus tell you to double the amount of stored water when pumping. The way additional tanks are linked is also very important in order to avoid genuine nasties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Conventional system hot water pump issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock