Search the forum,

Discuss Conventional system hot water pump issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a conventional system and my boiler has Surrey flange. The expansion pipe feeds upstairs bathroom also, but I would like to pump the hot water for upstairs similar to the diagram. Do I have to run a separate feed to upstairs supply?

8700DD45-B45B-4AF0-9CF9-76E0FB5D33E9.jpeg

So pumped shower and hot water upstairs?? Not pumped down stairs

Ok then you’d probably need minimal repiping and a whole house pump. As long as the tanks are well above all outlets then you can get away with a positive head. You may wish to consider getting larger loft tanks to compensate the likely increased water useage

I was actually thinking about switching cold to mains and pumping hot from middle floor. But again the top floor hot is fed off same feed as expansion.

Cap the upstairs feed off the vent preferably cutting the tee out

Run a separate supply for the hot upstairs down to the pump - to pump outlet

Unvented cylinder if you've got the pressure is a better way to go

Also check the cold down service you haven't shown it in your drawing.

If the hot tees off the vent that high up chance are the cold down service is tee'd off too

Why didn't whoever drew that show a pt 2 ball valve I wonder?

Most pumps will work perfectly well with as little as 400mm tween the bottom of the stored water and the highest point in the shower.
So far as I recall, all pump manus tell you to double the amount of stored water when pumping. The way additional tanks are linked is also very important in order to avoid genuine nasties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Conventional system hot water pump issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock