Search the forum,

Discuss Controlling underfloor heating - what rocks your world? ( & works really well with condensing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom_B

Hi All,

Happy Sunday!

In my house there is a kitchen extension with Ufh connected to glow worm 38cxi. It has a blender valve and a circulation pump. both this and the radiator circuit are controlled by a wall stat. I don't think this works at all well. I'm planning to separate the rad circuit by a motor valve controlled by a separate stat.

The kitchen extension while well insulated does lose heat through its structure so is sensitive to the external temperature.

I'm wondering about what you all do and what you recommend in terms of controlling the UFh circuit.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

really should have an independent room stat and motorised valve

Thanks Shaun, much appreciated. Btw - is there an optimal circulation temperature for the uf loop? Mine seems to work well between 30 and 35 deg - is that typical or too high?

Thanks Shaun, much appreciated. Btw - is there an optimal circulation temperature for the uf loop? Mine seems to work well between 30 and 35 deg - is that typical or too high?

depends on whats on the floor normally 27-32 so i would say its about right

Hi All,

Happy Sunday!

In my house there is a kitchen extension with Ufh connected to glow worm 38cxi. It has a blender valve and a circulation pump. both this and the radiator circuit are controlled by a wall stat. I don't think this works at all well. I'm planning to separate the rad circuit by a motor valve controlled by a separate stat.

The kitchen extension while well insulated does lose heat through its structure so is sensitive to the external temperature.

I'm wondering about what you all do and what you recommend in terms of controlling the UFh circuit.

Thanks in advance,

Tom
UFH should be on separate circuit and controlled by programmable clock/stat to enable you to set time and temperature at that time for the UFH.

Is your UFH in a screed or suspended timber on spreader plates ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Controlling underfloor heating - what rocks your world? ( & works really well with condensing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock